2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, if anyone with accident knowledge that would be great. Thanks.

Got into a minor at fault accident the other day. My car isn't badly damaged (just a few scrapes on the front driver side on the bumper by the wheel with a little indent by the wheel well on the metal). The driver i hit was a little worse as it was on the passenger bottom side back door..Still minor though and looked to be $1k or a little over in damage. Not really sure.

we agreed on a deal that if he took it to his mechanic, he would see how much it would cost and then notify me. If its relatively affordable, I wouldn't mind paying for it rather than calling my insurance. Then i'd have to repair mine as well with extra cost out of my pocket.

My only situation is, I have a speeding ticket record and a not at fault accident already on my record living in woodbridge ontario. if i report to insurance, i'm afraid premium will go up again. And the thing is, when i registered for insurance 2 years ago with them, i put down my address with my family who live in waterloo (1 hour away from city) so it would be cheaper because i actually live in woodbridge which is really expensive. The at fault accident happened in woodbridge too.

I was thinking if the repair is affordable on the car i hit, i can pay it and then possibly lie about a hit and run on my car (without involving the other driver) because i have a $500 deductible. But then again, i guess i should find out how much both cars cost to repair.

i know i should just be honest about my accident and go through insurance but i'm trying to find a way because i'm afraid of my premiums going up. i'm a little worried that they might see the at fault accident and the not at fault accident(last year) happened in both woodbridge as well on my record.

if i claim through hit and run, i was thinking of using the $500 deductible and i heard it may not raise premiums...like it wouldn't be my fault. I would just have to say a lot of BS and report it.

I'm all stressed out and could use some help. I really learned a lot from it and i know its best to move on. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks - 29yr driver and been driving for 8 years.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Hi guys, if anyone with accident knowledge that would be great. Thanks.

Got into a minor at fault accident the other day. My car isn't badly damaged (just a few scrapes on the front driver side on the bumper by the wheel with a little indent by the wheel well on the metal). The driver i hit was a little worse as it was on the passenger bottom side back door..Still minor though and looked to be $1k or a little over in damage. Not really sure.

we agreed on a deal that if he took it to his mechanic, he would see how much it would cost and then notify me. If its relatively affordable, I wouldn't mind paying for it rather than calling my insurance. Then i'd have to repair mine as well with extra cost out of my pocket.

My only situation is, I have a speeding ticket record and a not at fault accident already on my record living in woodbridge ontario. if i report to insurance, i'm afraid premium will go up again. And the thing is, when i registered for insurance 2 years ago with them, i put down my address with my family who live in waterloo (1 hour away from city) so it would be cheaper because i actually live in woodbridge which is really expensive. The at fault accident happened in woodbridge too.

I was thinking if the repair is affordable on the car i hit, i can pay it and then possibly lie about a hit and run on my car (without involving the other driver) because i have a $500 deductible. But then again, i guess i should find out how much both cars cost to repair.

i know i should just be honest about my accident and go through insurance but i'm trying to find a way because i'm afraid of my premiums going up. i'm a little worried that they might see the at fault accident and the not at fault accident(last year) happened in both woodbridge as well on my record.

if i claim through hit and run, i was thinking of using the $500 deductible and i heard it may not raise premiums...like it wouldn't be my fault. I would just have to say a lot of BS and report it.

I'm all stressed out and could use some help. I really learned a lot from it and i know its best to move on. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks - 29yr driver and been driving for 8 years.
Doesn't look like it will be cheap to fix. Other car will probably need new door, your car will need new front bumper/front fender... Lol.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
They will investigate if its a hit and run and if they prove its a scam they will screw you over. Dont do it. If you can afford paying for the other persons car then do it. Otherwise I'd call insurance.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well first you shouldn't post on an open forum that you thinking of scamming an insurance company and claiming a hit and run on your own car. You never know who is reading these forums. It is a known fact fact that companies actually troll forums for useable information and for all sorts of reasons IE: looking for disgruntled employees running their mouths on all kinds of forums.

2ND given your insurance history it would be better you paid out of pocket, if you go through insurance, the company is gonna start you off at the top of the premium level again and it will take 5 to 6 years to come back down, in a worst case you can be deemed high risk and told to take hike.

Pat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys. I thought about it some more and I'm just gonna be honest about it. Thanks for pointing things out. Lesson learned and just gonna move on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts