2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I just purchased a 2014 GS Sedan and am looking to pick up a set of inexpensive wheels to put my winter tires on. From what I can gather the wheel spec is 6.5Jx16 ET50. I found some rims an offset of 45. The wheel vendor website and they say it fits my car, i.e. the 2014 2.0 litre engine. I'm new to this and am wondering if someone would be kind enough to confirm that the 45 offset will work.

Also, there are quite a few potholes where I live. Does it make sense to buy inexpensive wheels (I don't care about looks in the winter) or am I taking a high risk of the rims getting bent etc. due to the poor road conditions?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

·
Super Moderator
5,672 Posts
Hi there,

I just purchased a 2014 GS Sedan and am looking to pick up a set of inexpensive wheels to put my winter tires on. From what I can gather the wheel spec is 6.5Jx16 ET50. I found some rims an offset of 45. The wheel vendor website and they say it fits my car, i.e. the 2014 2.0 litre engine. I'm new to this and am wondering if someone would be kind enough to confirm that the 45 offset will work.

Also, there are quite a few potholes where I live. Does it make sense to buy inexpensive wheels (I don't care about looks in the winter) or am I taking a high risk of the rims getting bent etc. due to the poor road conditions?

Thanks in advance,
Peter
Yes, your factory wheel is 6.5" x 16" with a 50mm offset, 114.3 mm bolt circle. 45mm offset will be fine. It means that the outside of wheel will 5mm from where the stock wheel is now, not a big deal.
If you are worried about a bent rim, I would put the winter tires on the OEM rims and get a set of nice rims with summer tires on them for warmer weather.:smile2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, that's a pretty good idea actually. that will give me time to research and save some cash for a new set of wheels for the summer. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts