2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My abs light and skid light is constantly on. I did some research and found it might be my abs speed sensor or whatever that's called. My question is do you guys agree and where exactly is that located? Do I have multiple and speed sensors?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
243 Posts
Are you smelling burned brake pads? If not, it may not be the ABS speed sensor that's causing the light to illuminate.

First, check your brake fluid level, the sensor in the reservoir, then the pads, and then the connector going to the ABS module (the box in the hood with 4 brake lines going in). I am adding the location of the speed sensor here, but I would NOT recommend you changing that out by yourself. The sensor is labeled as #2

·
Registered
102 Posts
Are you smelling burned brake pads? If not, it may not be the ABS speed sensor that's causing the light to illuminate.

First, check your brake fluid level, the sensor in the reservoir, then the pads, and then the connector going to the ABS module (the box in the hood with 4 brake lines going in). I am adding the location of the speed sensor here, but I would NOT recommend you changing that out by yourself. The sensor is labeled as #2
Just curious why you say not to change it out by yourself? It's just disconnecting the wire and undoing one screw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts