2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2012 Mazda iTouring hatch AT. I don't want to step on any toes but I was just wondering what incentives/otd prices people are finding. The dealership I have gone too said right now there is only a $200 rebate. I might also get a little discount from SAMs clum/ Costco membership. Is anyone seeing anything better than this? I just want to be an a well informed buyer when putting pencil to paper. Thank you in advance. I'm really looking forward to snatching one of these cars for myself. :thumbup 1::punk:

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Well what are they offering you? What options you getting, etc? Just to make sure you are getting a good deal in the first place :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick reply! The sticker is $20595. The salesman I was working with said they currently have a $200 rebate. That would bring it to about $20395. I looked at truecar per yalls suggestion and you are right. The target price Is $19635. This sounds much better to me rather than paying sticker. I went to 2 other dealers on monday and never got helped. I will try again when I get a chance. The dealership is confident they can get the car I want within a few days so they aren't charging a premium due to any shortage. I have a few more paths I want the check out like SAMs club/Costco membership discounts. Like I mentioned I obviously don't want to get taken advantage of. I have time on my side because I am trying to sell my 2006 Civic privately so it will be a week or 2. Thanks again for the quick replies and all the help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you are a USAA member you can use their car buying service (Auto Circle)...there discounts are better than Costco and Sam's. Bought my 2010 Speed in November of "10 for just a hair over 20K and sticker was just under 26K and I didn't even have to finance through them. Check their website to see if you qualify for membership.

·
Registered
72 Posts
By comparison...

On x-mas eve I purchased a 2012 Skyactiv Touring with the moonroof and bose package in Los Angeles.

Dealer is a HUGE volume player and his price was $20,039. No local dealers could get close. I presented the TrueCar that was like $19.700 from this small time dealer and the original dealer just laughed - said they NEVER have stock and just do it to get people in the door and offered to let me call them.

I took him up on it and called and low and behold... their "computers were down" then when I asked "yes or no - do you have the model you quoted me on on the floor right now", they said they didnt. Glad I didnt waste my time.

I qualified for the 1.9% financing and my OTD price was $22,143 (So subract about $1200-$1400) if you have the base model)

·
Registered
8 Posts
By comparison...

On x-mas eve I purchased a 2012 Skyactiv Touring with the moonroof and bose package in Los Angeles.

Dealer is a HUGE volume player and his price was $20,039. No local dealers could get close. I presented the TrueCar that was like $19.700 from this small time dealer and the original dealer just laughed - said they NEVER have stock and just do it to get people in the door and offered to let me call them.

I took him up on it and called and low and behold... their "computers were down" then when I asked "yes or no - do you have the model you quoted me on on the floor right now", they said they didnt. Glad I didnt waste my time.

I qualified for the 1.9% financing and my OTD price was $22,143 (So subract about $1200-$1400) if you have the base model)
I got the same configuration and was OTD at nearly the exact same price. Volume dealer gave me the Bose and sunroof outfitted hatch at the price of a base model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I put down a deposit on a 2012 Mazda 3 5door iTouring tonight. I wanted to hold it until I can do the paper work on Saturday. I ended up getting the liquid silver. It was my second choice but I love it. These skyactive cars are hard to come by. They get bought before they even get off the truck it seems. I am trying to run some numbers so I know what to expect when I get in there. Thank all of you for the help. This is a truecar.com dealer so I am going to see how well that helps me. I will post some pics when I get it this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I put down a deposit on a 2012 Mazda 3 5door iTouring tonight. I wanted to hold it until I can do the paper work on Saturday. I ended up getting the liquid silver. It was my second choice but I love it. These skyactive cars are hard to come by. They get bought before they even get off the truck it seems. I am trying to run some numbers so I know what to expect when I get in there. Thank all of you for the help. This is a truecar.com dealer so I am going to see how well that helps me. I will post some pics when I get it this weekend.
I was one of those people who bought it as it was coming off the truck, haha. They are hard to come by and even harder to find one in the color you want.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I was one of those people who bought it as it was coming off the truck, haha. They are hard to come by and even harder to find one in the color you want.
I had mine reserved before it even got put on the ship ^_^ lucky for me the exact one i wanted was coming to my dealer i just called dibs on it.

Mine is 2012 iGT Sky in skyblue, with Tech (bose is standard on the iGT) with remote start and lighting kit for ~23,400 OTD more or less i paid invoice + paperwork.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hahaha! So you're the one. Just kidding. The car was a dealer trade so it has only been on the lot for 2 days. The only other Mazda 3 hatches they have are the speed3s. They got about 6 of them. I was interested in the graphite but the only one near by had hail damage so that is not for me. Every color I asked about I would have to wait a while cause cars are being spoken for long before they get to Texas even. I had to see this liquid silver in person before I called dibs. I'm glad I did cause I think it looks great. I have an appointment in the morning to sign the papers and I already have an appointment with a local shop to do my tint. I am getting 5% on all the back windows and 25% up front. Other than tint there are not too many things I plan to do. Maybe some HIDs. How do these stock lights work out with HIDs btw? Do they have a good cut off or do they spray light all over? I don't want to blind people and don't want to shell out the cash yet for projectors. Thanks for the comments y'all. I will get pictures up this weekend sometime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hahaha! So you're the one. Just kidding. The car was a dealer trade so it has only been on the lot for 2 days. The only other Mazda 3 hatches they have are the speed3s. They got about 6 of them. I was interested in the graphite but the only one near by had hail damage so that is not for me. Every color I asked about I would have to wait a while cause cars are being spoken for long before they get to Texas even. I had to see this liquid silver in person before I called dibs. I'm glad I did cause I think it looks great. I have an appointment in the morning to sign the papers and I already have an appointment with a local shop to do my tint. I am getting 5% on all the back windows and 25% up front. Other than tint there are not too many things I plan to do. Maybe some HIDs. How do these stock lights work out with HIDs btw? Do they have a good cut off or do they spray light all over? I don't want to blind people and don't want to shell out the cash yet for projectors. Thanks for the comments y'all. I will get pictures up this weekend sometime.
I can't speak to the headlight question, I don't know the first thing about the different types beyond being satisfied with the stock ones. It's great that you're taking it for a tint job, thats the single best way to protect your interior from sun damage in the long run, not to mention it looks cool.

I got a graphite one, but boy did I have to hunt it down. I was headed down to Atlanta to purchase a black one when a rival dealer called me to let me know they'd received a graphite 5door off the truck that morning. The liquid silver is also very nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts