2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wanted an S Touring, but the only dealer with one in stock in the color I want is in another state and wont deal at all.:surprise:

So now I'm settling for a '15 GT. I guess I can live without the bigger engine and can always get bigger wheels anyways if I feel the need. However, I do enjoy the HUD. Is there anyway that it can be added to GT?

·
Registered
249 Posts
IMO Go with the S if you want everything it comes with and it's within your budget. Adding things later will be pretty difficult especially the HUD. It's better to sacrifice the color than the functionalities.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If there are options you want and the local dealer doesn't have a car that matches, then WAIT. No really. WAIT. None of the fancy options can be added later. No HUD, no auto-AC, etc etc. So, my opinion is to wait and get the car you want and not settle for one, just to get it now. If you wait, you may even be able to get a S GT.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I really wanted an S Touring, but the only dealer with one in stock in the color I want is in another state and wont deal at all.:surprise:

So now I'm settling for a '15 GT. I guess I can live without the bigger engine and can always get bigger wheels anyways if I feel the need. However, I do enjoy the HUD. Is there anyway that it can be added to GT?
You can't add stuff like that after-the-fact. It almost never pays to try to add things to a car which weren't installed on it from the factory, unless perhaps you're working with a much-older car and buying parts off Ebay, and even then it's questionable.

My recommendation is to find a dealer that'll give you a good price, and *order* the car you want. I had to wait almost 2 months for my sGT with tech package, but I got exactly what I wanted, the trim level I wanted plus the color I wanted. If you're in a hurry I guarantee you will be unhappy with whatever you get. Nothing good ever comes from being in a hurry. Either you won't get what you want and will have to settle for something you don't want, or you'll pay more money because you're in a rush, or both.

If you're in a hurry, my recommendation is to give up on buying a new car, and go find a used car that's 5-10 years old. They're much, much cheaper, they don't depreciate much at that age (they've already done most of their depreciating), and you won't be kicking yourself that you spent $20K or more on a car you don't really like that much. If you're going to get a car you don't like that much, it's better to just spend $4-8K. Then save up your money, and take your time and buy the car you *do* want.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can't add stuff like that after-the-fact. It almost never pays to try to add things to a car which weren't installed on it from the factory, unless perhaps you're working with a much-older car and buying parts off Ebay, and even then it's questionable.

My recommendation is to find a dealer that'll give you a good price, and *order* the car you want. I had to wait almost 2 months for my sGT with tech package, but I got exactly what I wanted, the trim level I wanted plus the color I wanted. If you're in a hurry I guarantee you will be unhappy with whatever you get. Nothing good ever comes from being in a hurry. Either you won't get what you want and will have to settle for something you don't want, or you'll pay more money because you're in a rush, or both.

If you're in a hurry, my recommendation is to give up on buying a new car, and go find a used car that's 5-10 years old. They're much, much cheaper, they don't depreciate much at that age (they've already done most of their depreciating), and you won't be kicking yourself that you spent $20K or more on a car you don't really like that much. If you're going to get a car you don't like that much, it's better to just spend $4-8K. Then save up your money, and take your time and buy the car you *do* want.
What he said...wait until the right car comes along or take a trip to the one you want.

Thing is, you can't order 2015s anymore. The manager here is already ordering 2016s. You can also tell because on the 2015s, first two payments I believed are waived if you finance through Chase. I can be wrong so...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would wait. Dealer always get new inventory, just keep checking. GL

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yep. Wait. Don't settle. Especially on the smaller engine.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Agreed on wait. I bought the 2014 iTouring and liked it but ended up trading for a 2015 sTouring that I wanted (the 2014 s models didn't come in manual though...). Financially it was kinda stupid but I couldn't be happier with the car I have now.

·
Habitual Car Buyer
22 Posts
Orders for 2015's ended the end of June. All orders from then went to 2016 production which was slated to start August first. There won't be new dealer stock for at least 6 or 8 weeks. There are still a LOT of '15's on the ground, so get a decent dealer to work for you or just order one.

The '16 6's are already coming in. They don't build nearly as many as the 3.

Also, as has been stated, if you want the GT stuff then get one. We have a i-Touring with stick (son), and a new S-Grand Touring (wife). There is quite a difference between the two. For the difference in cost I would say get the S-GT - the leather is nice and it comes with all the options. IMO, skip the technology package. These cars come in right about $28K MSRP. Expect to get a couple of thousand off to cap a lease or buy.

And yes, right now there's $500 loyalty and two payments through Chase. My dealer said our deal was $850 back of invoice. Not sure how they got there, or if they were exagerating, but we did get what I thought was a killer deal - zero out of pocket, they make the first two payments, then $315/mo for 36 with 10K miles.

check the edmunds forum for recent lease and buy terms for these cars.

Oh, and the Mazda6 for 2016 has the heads up and the nav from the 3. But none of them have live traffic - Mazda really screwed that one up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Orders for 2015's ended the end of June. All orders from then went to 2016 production which was slated to start August first. There won't be new dealer stock for at least 6 or 8 weeks. There are still a LOT of '15's on the ground, so get a decent dealer to work for you or just order one.

Also, as has been stated, if you want the GT stuff then get one. We have a i-Touring with stick (son), and a new S-Grand Touring (wife). There is quite a difference between the two. For the difference in cost I would say get the S-GT - the leather is nice and it comes with all the options. IMO, skip the technology package. These cars come in right about $28K MSRP. Expect to get a couple of thousand off to cap a lease or buy.

And yes, right now there's $500 loyalty and two payments through Chase. My dealer said our deal was $850 back of invoice. Not sure how they got there, or if they were exagerating, but we did get what I thought was a killer deal - zero out of pocket, they make the first two payments, then $315/mo for 36 with 10K miles.

Oh, and the Mazda6 for 2016 has the heads up and the nav from the 3. But none of them have live traffic - Mazda really screwed that one up.
Is there live traffic on the 2015?

Is $850 below invoice on a 2015 good?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Depends on which area of the world you are in, as far as "live traffic" goes.

In the US, the live traffic that was integrated with the Nav has been disabled for about a year, but we have an HD radio traffic map.

In other parts of the world, where the Nav-based traffic service still exists, the traffic actually integrates with the Nav system. Not sure if anyone else has an HD Radio-style traffic map. I know the HD Radio is a North American thing, but I know other parts of the world have similar technologies.

·
Habitual Car Buyer
22 Posts
Is there live traffic on the 2015?

Is $850 below invoice on a 2015 good?
No. No live traffic for any Mazdas, they F'd it up for their NAV systems on all their cars. Somebody really needs to touch base with the CEO.

On the price, what do you think? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts

Don't forget Domestic vehicle conquest. If anyone in your household has a 2004 or newer American car (ie Ford, Chevrolet, etc.) it's another $1,000. I don't know if it is zone specific but I had a customer who lives with his parents that drive a 2008 Ford, plus the customer just graduated from college in may which nabs him another $250. So on top of the deal we gave him, he gets the low financing rate through chase, the first two payments waived, the domestic conquest, and college grad. C-C-C-COMBO!!!

·
Habitual Car Buyer
22 Posts
We got our S-GT two weeks ago and they didn't say anything about conquest cash. We got a loyalty rebate and two payments. A lot of these programs are exclusive and can't be combined as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I was referring to the HD Traffic Map. I thought that was the question, but apparently not. Brand new to Mazda so still learning.
I do find the HD Traffic Map to be very useful FWIW.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts