2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am about to go to a dealer to get the AA/CP but I think I should update my firmware from 59.00.441 from to 70+ myself first. Will that be possible while keeping AIO functionality? I am aware that the new firmware takes more space and leaves less room to install a lot o tweaks.

As far as AIO tweaks, I use the following:
- Background image rotator
- USB Audio Mod
- Speedometer
- No more beeps
- Pause on mute
- Improved list loop
- Touchscreen while moving
- Main menu loop
- Order of Audio Source list
- No more disclaimer
- Status bar tweaks
- Fuel consumption tweaks

Will the new firmware be too big large for me to keep all of these current tweaks?

Will there be any problems with the new AA system and USB audio playback?

I love the that the Mazda navigation app has heads up display integration, I find it really useful, does the official AA make use HUD?

Thank you in advance!

Sugetsu

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Before updating to FW 70 install Autorun/ID7 Tweak from top right corner in AIO. This way you can still install tweaks after the FW update via USB.

FW 70 already has included pause-on-mute. Do not install this tweak on FW 70.

Official AA does not support/show HUD info as far as I know.

If you have space concerns (especially with ADR FW) select in AIO on top left corner at install options "apps to resources". Then the tweaks are not copied to root, but to a partition/folder with more free space.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello, I am about to go to a dealer to get the AA/CP but I think I should update my firmware from 59.00.441 from to 70+ myself first. Will that be possible while keeping AIO functionality? I am aware that the new firmware takes more space and leaves less room to install a lot o tweaks.

. . .

Will the new firmware be too big large for me to keep all of these current tweaks?

Will there be any problems with the new AA system and USB audio playback?

I love the that the Mazda navigation app has heads up display integration, I find it really useful, does the official AA make use HUD?

Thank you in advance!

Sugetsu
Before you upgrade, be sure to use MZD-AIO and select the dashed box on the top right of the screen and follow the instructions to install "Autorun & Recovery" if you haven't done so already. That will preserve your future ability to install tweaks after you upgrade.

As a result of the upgrade process, all of your installed tweaks will disappear (but you can easily reinstall them once you're done upgrading, provided you installed the autorun & recovery).

I recently upgraded and use many of the same tweaks on V70.00.100A (with the new USB hub)
- Background image rotator - still works
- USB Audio Mod - not compatible with V59.00.502 and newer firmware (don't install it)
- Speedometer - have never used this one, so I can't tell you how it performs in V70
- No more beeps - works great
- Pause on mute - not compatible with V70, but the firmware has the same capability built in (don't install it)
- Improved list loop - works fine
- Touchscreen while moving - my favorite tweak, ever; it still works
- Main menu loop - works fine
- Order of Audio Source list - I had this before, but didn't install it in V70, but I know it's compatible, and when you go to install it, you can check the V70 option to order sources not available in earlier firmware
- No more disclaimer - works fine
- Status bar tweaks- works great
- Fuel consumption tweaks - works fine

Official AA does not use the HUD.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Addition to orville:
Speedometer and Order of Audio Source List work fine with my v70. Have both installed on my 70.00.100A EU.
Speedometer has been a hit-n-miss for me. Once for a while, it does not response when I select the app. The screen remains no change and no speedometer pops up. I first thought it might have some conflict with the No disclaimer tweak and uninstalled that one. Still, the problem persists. It appears that the sequence of the system boot up might have something to do with it. For example, whether the speedometer was the last screen before you shut down the engine, or whether the radio is on and/or reverse is done immediately after start, or whether Bluetooth is trying to connect to your phone while you are selecting apps, etc. I have not be able to pin-point the exact sequence of event that leads to the inactive Speedometer app. Oddly, the status bar indicator which is related to (and part of) the speedometer tweak always functions well.

I am on FW 70.100A NA with 2016 Mazda3 6MT Hatchback.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before you upgrade, be sure to use MZD-AIO and select the dashed box on the top right of the screen and follow the instructions to install "Autorun & Recovery" if you haven't done so already. That will preserve your future ability to install tweaks after you upgrade.

As a result of the upgrade process, all of your installed tweaks will disappear (but you can easily reinstall them once you're done upgrading, provided you installed the autorun & recovery).

I recently upgraded and use many of the same tweaks on V70.00.100A (with the new USB hub)
- Background image rotator - still works
- USB Audio Mod - not compatible with V59.00.502 and newer firmware (don't install it)
- Speedometer - have never used this one, so I can't tell you how it performs in V70
- No more beeps - works great
- Pause on mute - not compatible with V70, but the firmware has the same capability built in (don't install it)
- Improved list loop - works fine
- Touchscreen while moving - my favorite tweak, ever; it still works
- Main menu loop - works fine
- Order of Audio Source list - I had this before, but didn't install it in V70, but I know it's compatible, and when you go to install it, you can check the V70 option to order sources not available in earlier firmware
- No more disclaimer - works fine
- Status bar tweaks- works great
- Fuel consumption tweaks - works fine

Official AA does not use the HUD.
Thank you!

So the Audio app is no longer compatible with newer firmware? How comes? Is the audio app in newer firmware better than the one the stock one that came with my current firmware? Can I still install the bigger album art tweak? :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
The bigger album artwork tweak still works, but the USB audio mod doesn't. You can still listen to USB music, just without the same functionality (folder navigation, etc.) that the USB audio mod offered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bigger album artwork tweak still works, but the USB audio mod doesn't. You can still listen to USB music, just without the same functionality (folder navigation, etc.) that the USB audio mod offered.
Oh wow, please don't tell me the newer audio apps are terrible... can I still play playlists, look for an artist and select music folders?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but would one of you be so kind as to give me a simple low-down on AIO tweaks and FW upgrades? I am on FW V59.00.502 and want to go to FW 70.00.100+. I have never really understood how to get and use AIO – the the threads are massive and start with info that appears to be way out-dated. I've read that something about how FW 59.00.502 makes it hard to install them anyway. Am I now SOL anyway and so just forget about it all, or is there something I should do now before considering 70+ ? [edit: mifan's post confirms what I thought, too rich for my blood. forget it.]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts