2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Radarwild. Thanks a lot for this mod. Appreciate the hard work and plan to donate soon.
I've tested the most recent tru_go version and so far it works almost perfectly. (CMU version 59.00.546 NA).
Concerns are still the audio stuttering when listening to music through apps (like pandora, google music) when google maps or waze is active screen. google maps isn't that bad, but waze is almost unbearable. I thought now with your latest mod which clears the log files, that should fix it but it doesn't. Hopefully you'll be able to come up with a solution. It seems such a small problem to fix, some interference happening somewhere, but so far no one's come up with anything.
Also, initial startup of AA is almost smooth via usb, but if I lose connection midway, say accidentally bump my cable, getting AA re-connected is a hustle, most attimes it doesn't connect, and I might have to reboot CMU, or even restart car. even that it's a 50-50 chance.
And one last thing, could you please walk me through how to connect AA via wifi? I'm able to connect my CMU to my phone mobile hotspot, but AA won't start when i try to.
Thanks again for all your hard owrk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Hi Radarwild. Thanks a lot for this mod. Appreciate the hard work and plan to donate soon.
I've tested the most recent tru_go version and so far it works almost perfectly. (CMU version 59.00.546 NA).
Concerns are still the audio stuttering when listening to music through apps (like pandora, google music) when google maps or waze is active screen. google maps isn't that bad, but waze is almost unbearable. I thought now with your latest mod which clears the log files, that should fix it but it doesn't. Hopefully you'll be able to come up with a solution. It seems such a small problem to fix, some interference happening somewhere, but so far no one's come up with anything.
Also, initial startup of AA is almost smooth via usb, but if I lose connection midway, say accidentally bump my cable, getting AA re-connected is a hustle, most attimes it doesn't connect, and I might have to reboot CMU, or even restart car. even that it's a 50-50 chance.
And one last thing, could you please walk me through how to connect AA via wifi? I'm able to connect my CMU to my phone mobile hotspot, but AA won't start when i try to.
Thanks again for all your hard owrk
@datusday
Thanks for your feedback. The choppy sounds in either Google maps/waze active screen could be your device low speed? Are u using a powerful device it could help reduce the stuttering otherwise once a journey has completed just let it sit on the music screen to prevent this. For wireless mode i wouldn't recommend it as it will be worse for connection and sounds wise, but u can go here for all the info Android Auto

P.s further updates to fix the choppy sounds or later version sadly will be significantly delay due to my pc broke down lost all data!!..have to start all over..until i get a replacement everything will be halted for now :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
P.s further updates to fix the choppy sounds or later version sadly will be significantly delay due to my pc broke down lost all data!!..have to start all over..until i get a replacement everything will be halted for now :(
Oh noooo! So sorry to hear that. Thanks so much for the improvements you were able to bring to AA. I think I have some better news. On the previous Tru_go install and this latest (last?) one, I'm seeing much better stability and usability. I understand better what you meant about zooming. it's not the same zooming that was there in 1.12 AIO. It's actually better when you see how to use it. I had a big discovery that helped me quite a bit before I did this last install. My LG phone has a 'knock to wake' feature that I am accustomed to and I don't want to turn it off. However, using the usb hub solution, I had been placing my phone face down on the hub or sometimes one of the cables and I didn't realize that was activating the phone's screen. I am now deliberately placing the phone face up with everything underneath so that nothing touches the screen. The random disconnects and reboots seem to be gone now. my phone is still pretty old which may explain some of the audio glitches, but AA is very usable. I think your biggest improvement was in making the control knob and steering wheel buttons work to control basically the entire AA experience. I had enabled the touch screen while driving tweak before because the console controls couldn't do everything I needed. Then, having the touchscreen live exacerbated my ghost touches issue that I still need to resolve. But now, I have turned off the touchscreen while moving because I really don't need it to use AA.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does this version allow USB playback of music? I really don't want to run music from my phone all the time..

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm on version 59.00.546. Installed the beta with USB support but have no audio on anything. No navigation, assistant, or music audio.

Using a oneplus 7 pro

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
I'm on version 59.00.546. Installed the beta with USB support but have no audio on anything. No navigation, assistant, or music audio.

Using a oneplus 7 pro
@reeeeeeee
1. U need to select your 2nd usb port with mp3 songs as your main source.

2. 1st usb port will be your Android device most things should works with sounds. Otherwise use the 1st zip file AA Tru_go without usb support.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ive orderd the cables to do the serial method. This method that you have uploaded what FW does it really work with because when i plugged the usb into my car nothing happened

·
Registered
176 Posts
@reeeeeeee
U need to select your second usb port with mp3 songs as your main source 1st usb port will be your Android device most things should works with sounds else use the 1st zip file AA Tru_go without usb support.
Changing to the other usb port doesn't fix it.

Are you saying I need to have plugged in a USB flash drive with music and switch the input to that every time I want to use Android Auto?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Ive orderd the cables to do the serial method. This method that you have uploaded what FW does it really work with because when i plugged the usb into my car nothing happened
@Oll1e2 (Your fw >=59.00.502 must be unlock to install any of the tweaks which doing the serial method)
1. What version is your fw?? If between fw55-59.00.499 then u can use both tweaks. 2nd tweaks is for usb high quality music from a 2nd usb port. Select that as your main source before using AA Tru_go usb version.
2. If u dont want usb music from 2nd port then just use the first tweaks for regular Fm and AA apps/music from Android device.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Oll1e2 (Your fw >=59.00.502 must be unlock to install any of the tweaks which doing the serial method)
1. What version is your fw?? If between fw55-59.00.499 then u can use both tweaks. 2nd tweaks is for usb high quality music from a 2nd usb port. Select that as your main source before using AA Tru_go usb version.
2. If u dont want usb music from 2nd port then just use the first tweaks for regular Fm and AA apps/music from Android device.
I have fw 502, i will try the serial method just hope i dont fuck it :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Read all before downloading and applying tweaks to your cmu unit!

Here is the latest best version AAv1.14 Tru_go (5.9mb) usb cable or Wi-Fi aio andriod auto edition you can apply to your mzd infotainment. To get the best experience is to enable all navigation settings in google maps on your Android devices including play voice over Bluetooth etc.
- This allows the ability for your favourite music app to fade softly played (voume low) in the background whilst navigation voice takes over for each direction- just like the original mazda navigation system. But say if you preferred a complete pause of your music when navigation voice take over then just only disable the first option "play voice over Bluetooth" and enabled the others two, your music will automatically resume afterwards. Some people like this better (for wifi mode, this would be highly recommended method to reduce/prevent audio lags and stuttering).

• Important! Make sure 1st is to have the latest version of Google maps/waze and Android auto in your Android device and also clear all its "cache" to avoid crash/freezes or minimize issues.
  • New installation over previous aio AA or AA Tru_go version due to low diskspace/memory issue..eg "can't connect etc" or freeze/multiple crashes resolved. All logs dump/junk files roughly 400+ MB will be removed completely and automatically during installation = stable/faster load up time.
  • Issue google maps or waze drain high usage battery power on your Android device while navigating (old usb hub)? Do this power adapter bridge hack Official AA vs AIO and you'll never have this problem ever again! (Being using this setup since 2017). Works with new usb hub as well.
Features:
  • Audio focus for radio or AA apps/media is extremely stable/solid including waze (tested) it will resume back automatically to whatever your last audio focus was after navigation voice directions. (Usb mode).
  • New Google assistant works in google maps/waze regardless of google maps app settings on your device, radio/media will resume afterwards.
  • Daytime and night mode automatically switches accordingly to "google maps display map colour scheme".
  • Press Fav button to pause/resume AA media/apps - no skipping last track when resume from radio focus to phone audio apps eg spotify, google music, pulsar+..etc. (pressing prev or next button on the steering wheel to change tracks).
  • Press "End calls" button on the steering wheel to switch to radio audio (very handy smart feature as you can change your saved favourite radio stations with prev and next button). It will also fuction as normal during a call. To end it, press the end call button.
  • Press and hold down "back" button for 2-4 seconds then release it to return to the mazda main menu.
  • New HUD turn by turn Google maps & Waze. For HUD in Waze only - you MUST connect your device 1st, set your route/address and let it finalized. Once completed and have "navigation voices" disconnect your device, after 2sec reconnect your device and Turn by turn will show up on your HUD. Do this once only for every time your vehicle switches off/on. (known issue: Waze roundabout not shown).
  • Zoom in and out in Google maps, use the multi-controller knob ( no need to touch the screen + or -).
    Scenario 1. If u have set your route/address. Just turn the rotation knob to zoom. Or Push up on the knob to select the street/directions above which highlights in a rectangular shape, now rotate to zoom.
    2nd scenario. If u havent set any route/address and just wanted to zoom. Push up once on the knob, it'll highlight something above the screen region. Now rotate the knob to zoom.
    *Remember Push the "Back" button anytime to re-centre your GPS location position.
  • Wireless known issue audio focus Bluetooth/sound stuttering. Navigation voice and listening to the radio will get the best results as usual.
Download link below for : "AA v1.14 Tru_go"
Please download the preferred version, u can try both for Fw below fw70 whichever works best for your fw/unit. For Fw70+ only use the beta version. Enjoy!

For issue regard to reverse compass, just replace the headunit file after compilation using Mazda AIO Tweaks application other tweaks like touch enable can be found there too.

***Donating is a great way to show your appreciation and fund further development or just buy me a beer for the time/testing/work i had put in for all of us :) Pay Radar Wild using PayPal.Me Thank you.

Thank you to the all the great developers; specially Trevor Martin without his work I would have never able to create any such mod/improved version asap.

Enjoy! And please give feedback for using as its will be great help for future version. Also leave your "mzd firmware version" in the comments whether successfully AA Tru_go does work or not, thank you.

** There might be some minor problem with left hand drive vehicle where the home button is on the left side but all functions should works as intended.

**Only tested on fw59.00.502 ADR CX-5 right hand drive, but should work from fw55-59.

Fw55-59_fw70 usb (s) *beta version for high quality music (use 2nd usb port for mp3s/lossless playback) if u setup your amp..etc This is a beta supported only so beware there could be no sound for navigation or google assistant in usb or wireless mode or there might be audio clashes for fw55-59 u must adjust. "Might" only have sounds for Fm/usb in fw70 or nothing at all as i haven't test this on fw70. Therefore bugs are expected. Caution use at your own risk! Im not responsible for you cmu bootloop chances are extremely very low but can happen. Thank you.

Turn on English caption for subtitle/info
@abarth124 thank you for testing and making a vedio clip for fw70.00.100 working with sounds.
Hi. Great job, works perfect on version 56.00.230. I made a video that I will upload to YouTube, if you want I will put it here.
I also wanted to make a donation but I see that the commission of PayPal is very high, you can give me your email by MP to try differently.
Thank you

·
Registered
23 Posts
When call is connected the volume is so high, is not the same as the music or the notifications, just after the sound is so high is when I can turn down, but ¿how can I turn down it before the call is connected?

·
Registered
12 Posts
it is getting closer to working as expected in my car.. with my phone. I still get some stuttering, especially if I am not navigating, but just having the map in focus. However, when i am navigating and the map is in focus, when I change to Spotify, I am not able to use the center commander button and must use the touchscreen while moving. I may try with another phone at lunch time today.

CMU - 59.00.546 NA
Phone - OnePlus 7 Pro (Tmobile phone, but with GM21AA firmware) Android 10.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just want to say 'Thank You' for your works. Installed it today on firmware 59.00.504 and everything seems to be working perfectly. Upon checking the log, it said v1.12 is installed. Is that because the files were built to install v1.12 but we just secretly replaced with v1.14?

61 - 80 of 143 Posts