2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #201 (Edited)
1. When I connect the device it takes a minute for black screen to go away
2. Yes active screen displays can navigate Android auto like normal
3. Yes audio works but required me to open my phone's settings and go to Mazda and click connect under Bluetooth I didn't need to do anything on my car system just phone side

4. USB thumbdrive I have no clue didn't test
5. I tried wireless and yes it works lag is minimal and was having a glitch switching back to the main mzd connect screen but a simple reboot of the car fixed the issue once I set everything back up
@burt111
So if you setup/preset your Android device all Bluetooth enabled beforehand in AA app, google maps all 3 dots enabled + phone BT are on. Connect your phone via usb cable everything works? Meaning there is sound music playing and navigation voice is heard once you have set a destination and no stuttering fw70 if not navigating (idle screen on gmaps/waze? And fast switching multiple times back and fore no issues?

Now for wireless when u say it works but minimal lags..like works as in there is sound for BT music and navigation notifications? (Usually there is no sound at all in fw70 wireless mode)..can u please confirm if there is sound in wireless..its a major step..Minimal lags as in stuttering is there but not alot? Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@burt111
So if you setup/preset your Android device all Bluetooth enabled beforehand in AA app, google maps all 3 dots enabled + phone BT are on. Connect your phone via usb cable everything works? Meaning there is sound music playing and navigation voice is heard once you have set a destination and no stuttering fw70 if not navigating (idle screen on gmaps/waze? And fast switching multiple times back and fore no issues?

Now for wireless when u say it works but minimal lags..like works as in there is sound for BT music and navigation notifications? (Usually there is no sound at all in fw70 wireless mode)..can u please confirm if there is sound in wireless..its a major step..Minimal lags as in stuttering is there but not alot? Thank you.
No Bluetooth has to be reconnected after I connect Android auto after that yes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Regarding wireless I have to reconnect Bluetooth for audio to start working same as usb
@burt111

In full detail
1 cut the car on
2 connect Android auto this could be wireless or USB from the time maps show up on my screen step 2 is done
3 on my phone app>settings>Bluetooth>Mazda>connect
(Disconnect>connect f the device decided to autoconnect

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Radarwild after Update to 59.00.445 the HUD is working. Thx. Yesterday night after update I tried to switch spotify tracks in mzd and it works. But today on the road it doesn't work anymore... Will try more and report back.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #206 (Edited)
@Radarwild after Update to 59.00.445 the HUD is working. Thx. Yesterday night after update I tried to switch spotify tracks in mzd and it works. But today on the road it doesn't work anymore... Will try more and report back.
@bgx yes if you're talking about the new version (AA Tru_go v1.14b fw55-59 USB HD)? anytime you wanted to change spotify tracks you must firstly select Bluetooth as your main/primary output source at the mazda factory music menu otherwise it will not change track/song when pressing the next/previous button on the steering wheel. See how you go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if you asking how I got AIO working on 70.00.335 or how to install AA. The AIO installation was all according to the website (serial hack, etc), and the AA can be installed by just putting the tru_go files on a thumb drive and plugging it into your car (auto tweak installation must be enabled, that can be done through the AIO app, part of the serial process).
I have version 70.00.335 in my car and I tried to unlock using the serial connection but it doesn't work and that's why I want to know how you could achieve it and if you could explain it to me please ..

·
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti O
149 Posts
I have version 70.00.335 in my car and I tried to unlock using the serial connection but it doesn't work and that's why I want to know how you could achieve it and if you could explain it to me please ..

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Radarwild I updated to the latest version (AA_Tru_go_v1.14b_Fw55-59 HD) and was disappointed to see that the nav button no longer fixes the video focus back to AA. When I make a call, it goes to the Mazda dialer and I can't get back into AA. Can you make the nav button automatically restore AA video focus again? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Radarwild I updated to the latest version (AA_Tru_go_v1.14b_Fw55-59 HD) and choose BT source from mazda connect and return to AA as your instruction, but when I press the next track button on the steering wheel, AA doesn't next 1 song, it next so many song and won't stop, it just only stop nexting song when I press pause and press play again, and the sound shuttering everytime when I play music with the same time with google maps. Do you have any solution ?. Thank you @@

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #211 (Edited)
@Radarwild I updated to the latest version (AA_Tru_go_v1.14b_Fw55-59 HD) and choose BT source from mazda connect and return to AA as your instruction, but when I press the next track button on the steering wheel, AA doesn't next 1 song, it next so many song and won't stop, it just only stop nexting song when I press pause and press play again, and the sound shuttering everytime when I play music with the same time with google maps. Do you have any solution ?. Thank you @@
@hi3utr yes i have the solution which is already AA Tru_go v1.14b USB HD version stated specifically for changing tracks once Bluetooth has been selected as primary audio Mazda main screen. Versions that do not have USB named or capability (which is the one you have mistaken installed and expect to change tracks) will not be able to change tracks outside AA activity screen. Please read main op for further instructions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@vunguyentrung easy write your own code to display HUD for apple cp device, i wish you all the very best on that. Or install the official mazda AA/cp cables+hub support for apple devices. Or read the main op thread As all unofficial AA only support Android devices. Else buy an Android device and you will have HUD, Simple. Your choice.
Thank you!
I used the official mazda AA/cp cables+hub support for apple devices but don’t wrote code to display HUD for apple cp device. Can you help me it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #215 (Edited)
Thank you!
I used the official mazda AA/cp cables+hub support for apple devices but don’t wrote code to display HUD for apple cp device. Can you help me it?
@vunguyentrung straight answer no. There is no such thing as Apple carplay HUD maybe there is? I have no idea as i don't use apple devices. Simple hack just buy a reflector film stick it to your mazda windscreen and place your apple device on top of your car dashboard select waze HUD turn by turn and you'll have apple car HUD. Else buy an Android device and be done with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey @Radarwild so I've been using your build now for a few days and it's perfect still have no stuttering issues! But the only thing now is I have dark mode set on my phone and when AA connected during the day it's in the day theme so when I disconnect my phone it goes back to light theme. In the official one I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly, my phone would go back to whatever theme I had set on it instead of what AA last was on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #217 (Edited)
Hey @Radarwild so I've been using your build now for a few days and it's perfect still have no stuttering issues! But the only thing now is I have dark mode set on my phone and when AA connected during the day it's in the day theme so when I disconnect my phone it goes back to light theme. In the official one I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly, my phone would go back to whatever theme I had set on it instead of what AA last was on.
@BossMann have you check google maps and set it as night mode? Or is it set as automatically switches day or night depends on time? Also check developers mode in AA app at the Day/night of your phone and see if its not synch with what the vehicle is setted..maybe you might need to select phone-controlled instead of car-controlled that could be your problem. Cheers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is your Mazda fw version, and what version of AA Tru_go?
I have stuttering issues with 59.00.545 EU. Every time when GMaps switch view (zoom in/out, turn, day/night switch,...) or switch view in AA (go to Music/Home/Phone screen) the music stutters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey @Radarwild, you're welcome buddy, I tested these and they work great. I'm quite interested to see how you got widescreen mode working, can I see your code so we can continue the open source development and I can add the next version to AIO? Thanks.
I dont know that you get the answer but if not, the widescreen mode can be enabled by setting video resolution bigger than 800x480 in hu_aap.cpp
C++:
 HU::ChannelDescriptor* videoChannel = carInfo.add_channels();
    videoChannel->set_channel_id(AA_CH_VID);
    {
      videoConfig->set_resolution(HU::ChannelDescriptor::OutputStreamChannel::VideoConfig::[B]VIDEO_RESOLUTION_1280x720)[/B];
      videoConfig->set_frame_rate(HU::ChannelDescriptor::OutputStreamChannel::VideoConfig::VIDEO_FPS_30);
      videoConfig->set_margin_width(0);
      videoConfig->set_margin_height(0);
Off course also other things need to be configure...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello
CMU: MAZ CMU-150_59.00.443C
Testing: AA v1.14b Tru_go FW70 USB_HD_beta2
Phone: Redmi Note 8 Pro
Connection: usb cable
Results:
(Connected with USB Cable and Bluetooh at the same time)
Spotify stutters a lot while using GMaps or Waze. The stuttering is greater than with previous versions of AA (It happens every time the maps are redrawn by some type of car movement and / or Zoom).
With an incoming phone call, the sound of spotify does not stop. It is impossible to talk on the phone while listening to spotify.

Either way, thanks Radarwild :)

201 - 220 of 285 Posts