2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read all before downloading and applying tweaks to your mazda cmu system!

Recommended best compatibility verions to use is Fw59.00.502.
(install idv7 recovery package first from Mzd AIO v2.8.6 if your fw is below this, saving yourself alot of trouble by avoiding the serial connection access procedural). Also Most compatible fw for Google/waze maps HUD turn by turn, regards to waze arrow freeze etc with other fw versions.

Note: Issues with fw higher/lower than FW59.00.502 can sometimes shows a black screen when exiting AA interface or when pausing music app (Spotify) the radio could automatically activated. If you have these issues best to downgrade/upgrade to this fw version and try again. Confirmed by members Fw59.00.545 have this nasty issue.

abarth124 spider only Fw70.00.021, Fw70.00.100, fw70.00.352.

Here is the latest best version AA v1.14b Tru_go 23rd June 2020 (5.9mb) usb cable or Wi-Fi Andriod auto edition you can apply to your mzd infotainment. To get the best experience is to enable all navigation settings in google maps on your Android devices including play voice over Bluetooth etc.
- This allows the ability for your favourite music app to fade softly played (voume low) in the background whilst navigation voice takes over for each direction- just like the original mazda navigation system. But say if you preferred a complete pause of your music when navigation voice take over then just only disable the first option "play voice over Bluetooth" and enabled the others two, your music will automatically resume afterwards. Some people like this better (for wireless mode, this would be highly recommended method to reduce/prevent audio lags and stuttering).
  • Important! Make sure 1st is to have the latest version of Google maps/waze and Android auto in your Android device and also clear all its "cache" to avoid crash/freezes or minimize issues.
  • New installation over previous aio AA or AA Tru_go version due to low diskspace/memory issue..eg "can't connect etc" or freeze/multiple crashes resolved. All logs dump/junk files roughly 400+ MB will be removed completely and automatically during installation = stable/faster load up time.
  • Issue google maps or waze drain high usage battery power on your Android device while navigating (old usb hub)? Do this power adapter bridge hack (for fast charging) Official AA vs AIO and you'll never have this problem ever again! (Being using this setup since 2017). Works with new usb hub as well.
  • Remove nav sdcard to maximize elimination of AA audio stuttering issue. Else clone your current nav sdcard to a higher speed data rate transfer sdcard.
  • AA v1.14b Tru_go (Widescreen view) interface version highly recommended to only use the Mazda center command controller for best user experience (touch works but are not accurate and inconsistent).
  • AA v1.14b USB are beta version(s) expect bugs. Connect your car and device to BT audio, now you're able to change spotify, google music, pulsar+ tracks..etc outside of AA interface. Note: "Standard view" version cannot do this.
Latest change log Features (23rd June 2020)
  • Motorway/freeway/highway HUD mirror image fixed.
  • Waze Hud roundabout shown.
  • Miscellaneous bugs fixed.
HUD disabled version (10th June 2020)
  • Optional version HUD disabled requested by some members for vhichle fitted with HUD and finding it distracting during navigation.
change log Features (25th April 2020)
  • New AA Tru_go v1.14b USB Fw55-59_USB (note: when listening to the radio there will be no navigation notifications during navigation and google assistant audio). Press and hold "back" button 2-4sec and release it to switch back to mzd main menu.
  • New AA Tru_go v1.14b USB Fw70 beta2 (untested).
  • Wireless mode stable if you setup your you Android device hotspot and link to your vehicle first. Then you must connect your car Bluetooth with your device. note if no audio heard, try to make a voicemail call, hangup and bt audio should engaged.
Change log of as 22nd April 2020
  • New robust interleaved Audio focus for radio, AA apps/media is extremely stable/solid including waze (tested by several members confirmed audio stuttering no longer exist) it will resume back automatically to whatever your last audio focus was after navigation voice directions. (Fixed)
  • New Drive side correction.
  • New Google assistant works in google maps/waze regardless of google maps app settings on your device, radio/media will resume after notification.
  • Daytime and night mode automatically switches accordingly to "google maps display map colour scheme".
  • Press Fav button to pause/resume AA media/apps - no skipping last track when resume from radio focus to phone audio apps eg spotify, google music, pulsar+..etc. (pressing prev or next button on the steering wheel to change tracks).
  • Press "End calls" button on the steering wheel to switch to radio audio (very handy smart feature as you can change your saved favourite radio stations with prev and next button). It will also fuction as normal during a call. To end it, press the end call button.
  • Press and hold down "back" button for 2-4 seconds then release it to exit AA interface.
  • New HUD turn by turn Google maps & Waze. For HUD in Waze only - you MUST connect your device 1st, set your route/address and let it finalized. Once completed and have "navigation voices" disconnect your device, after 2sec reconnect your device and Turn by turn will show up on your HUD. Do this once only for every time your vehicle switches off/on. (known issue: Waze roundabout not shown).
  • Zoom in and out in Google maps, use the multi-controller knob ( no need to touch the screen + or -).
    Scenario 1. If u have set your route/address. Just turn the rotation knob to zoom. Or Push up on the knob to select the street/directions above which highlights in a rectangular shape, now rotate to zoom.
    2nd scenario. If u havent set any route/address and just wanted to zoom. Push up once on the knob, it'll highlight something above the screen region. Now rotate the knob to zoom.
    *Remember Push the "Back" button anytime to re-centre your GPS location position. (Latest version of Google maps allows to select everything using the center rotational control knob).
  • Wireless known issue audio focus Bluetooth/sound stuttering. Navigation voice and listening to the radio will get the best results as usual.
Download link below for : "AA v1.14b Fw55_59 Tru_go".
Please download the preferred version. You can try any, but fw70 should be use with Fw70+ beta version only. Enjoy!

For issue regard to reverse compass or for right hand driveside, just edit the file headunit.json replace the line (from false to true) e.g "reverseGPS": true save it and reinstall. Use Mazda AIO Tweaks application to install other tweaks e.g touch, speedometer, video player..etc and to uninstall AA Tru_go.

Download link:

***Donating is a great way to show your appreciation and fund further development or just buy me a beer/coffee for the time/testing/work i had put in for all of us :) Pay Radar Wild using PayPal.Me Thank you.

Thank you to the all the great developers; specially Trevor Martin without his work I would have never able to create any such mod/improved version asap.

Enjoy! And please give feedback for using as its will be great help for future version. Also leave your "mzd firmware version" in the comments whether successfully AA Tru_go does work or not, thank you.

** There might be some minor problem with left hand drive vehicle where the home button is on the left side but all functions should works as intended.

**Only tested on fw59.00.502 ADR CX-5 right hand drive, but should work from fw55-59.

Thank you to @mabadse for making a helpful how-to video instruction guide for fw55-59 installation for everyone.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw6iugZwIm8

Fw55-59_fw70 usb (s) *beta version for high quality music (use 2nd usb port for mp3s/lossless playback) if u setup your amp..etc This is a beta supported only so beware there could be no sound for navigation or google assistant in usb or wireless mode or there might be audio clashes for fw55-59 u must adjust. "Might" only have sounds for Fm/usb in fw70 or nothing at all as i haven't test this on fw70. Therefore bugs are expected. Caution use at your own risk! Im not responsible for you cmu bootloop chances are extremely very low but can happen. Thank you.

Turn on English caption for subtitle/info
@abarth124 thank you for testing and making a video clip for fw70.00.100 working with sounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
In a previous reply in the AIO thread, you said that to retain the AIO compass fix and upgrade AA, I should only copy the headunit file from config/androidauto/data_persist/dev/bin into the corresponding folder of my AIO usb drive. That worked great for 1.12 mod. Should I do the same thing for 1.13? It looks like the folder structure is different and something regarding wifi is in a separate folder.

Sorry if this has been covered in the past, I'm still getting familiar with where to find answers in this forum.

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
In a previous reply in the AIO thread, you said that to retain the AIO compass fix and upgrade AA, I should only copy the headunit file from config/androidauto/data_persist/dev/bin into the corresponding folder of my AIO usb drive. That worked great for 1.12 mod. Should I do the same thing for 1.13? It looks like the folder structure is different and something regarding wifi is in a separate folder.

Sorry if this has been covered in the past, I'm still getting familiar with where to find answers in this forum.

Thanks
@RevWillie Yes do that if you have a compass fix issue for your AA cmu. So basically you just need to compile Mazda aio v2.8.5 as a template/folder skin for your usb stick. So in that application select compass fix, Android auto and tick wifi for AA (just to get its folders/files) once its done remove/replace its original headunit file only with my modded version v1.13 headunit file in "config/androidauto/data_persist/dev/bin" and you're all set to pop it into your car usb slot and let the installation runs. Happy days after that. Cheers! (Please give feedback review con/pros so i can further develop, thanks).

**folder structure are different for the purpose of AA aio wifi. Its works fantastic when combine with macrodriod apps automation settings once hotspot/gps/Bluetooth are detected and connected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say thank you so much for this! I was previously running AA 1.7 installed using AIO 2.7.something... About 2 weeks ago, my phone stopped connecting to the headunit (came up with a warning saying "try a different USB cable", but it was not the USB that was the issue, I tried many that I knew could transfer data). I tried:
  • Updating the headunit to 1.12 with the latest AIO
  • Downgrading the App to the last version I knew that worked - using that with the latest headunit version
  • Using the downgraded App with headunit 1.9 (the oldest one that I could successfully install)
  • Unfortunately I couldn't downgrade the headunit back to 1.7 to test the downgraded app with that....
None of these worked. The only solution was installing your version! At the moment, it only works over WiFi, and the audio is very laggy, but I mainly use it for mapping with Waze in an emergency, and for that reason I am just very happy to have any functioning form of Android Auto back! So thank you!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to say thank you so much for this! I was previously running AA 1.7 installed using AIO 2.7.something... About 2 weeks ago, my phone stopped connecting to the headunit (came up with a warning saying "try a different USB cable", but it was not the USB that was the issue, I tried many that I knew could transfer data). I tried:
  • Updating the headunit to 1.12 with the latest AIO
  • Downgrading the App to the last version I knew that worked - using that with the latest headunit version
  • Using the downgraded App with headunit 1.9 (the oldest one that I could successfully install)
  • Unfortunately I couldn't downgrade the headunit back to 1.7 to test the downgraded app with that....
None of these worked. The only solution was installing your version! At the moment, it only works over WiFi, and the audio is very laggy, but I mainly use it for mapping with Waze in an emergency, and for that reason I am just very happy to have any functioning form of Android Auto back! So thank you!
@sammyspills thats good to know its working out great for u :) can you please provide which fw version you are running it on this would greatly help me/others.

·
Registered
29 Posts
first try with 1.13 was not so good. google play music and google maps navigation audio streams kept clashing and the nav map kept freezing. However, re-reading the OP, I had not cleared the cache from all those apps. I'll try again tomorrow. With regards to left hand drive, are we supposed to edit something in headunit.json? I don't see a 'drivers side' line in any version of that file.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fixed my audio focus problem.

Car: ADR Right hand drive mazda 3
Firmware: 56.00.240
Followed your instruction and switching between navigation and radio/spotify works well.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
thank you Radarwild. everything works great now I am very happy. Many thanks and keep it up.
[/QUO
hello Radarwild, I was a bit too positive I found 1 issue when you press the voice commander button, you don't hear a Google voice, you do see the Google icon in the display. but you do not hear a voice. would you like to look at this?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
@Dirk when i pressed it, there is a "click/chime" audible (is there supposed to be a "welcome or hello" vocie? I'd never take noticed) sound waiting for a voice command and if i ask for weather, directions, route, information..etc all seem to be working fine with google assistant voice replying perfectly. Did u enable Bluetooth in AA on your device/phone under settings of the apps? There's a selection there.
Its says:

- use Bluetooth "Turn on Bluetooth on when Android Auto is running".

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Dirk when i pressed it, there is a "click/chime" audible (is there supposed to be a "welcome or hello" vocie? I'd never take noticed) sound waiting for a voice command and if i ask for weather, directions, route, information..etc all seem to be working fine with google assistant voice replying perfectly. Did u enable Bluetooth in AA on your device/phone under settings of the apps? There's a selection there.
Its says:

- use Bluetooth "Turn on Bluetooth on when Android Auto is running".
I have done all the settings what you said but it did not help. I find out when Google voice works and does not work. He only does not work when I listen to FM radio. The voice does work with FM radio. if you say navigate to an address then the waze voice works but if I say Google what is the weather or call home you do not hear the Google assistant voice you only see the voice icon movement. everything works fine if you listen to Spotify or my radio. I hope you can do something with this info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is the latest best version AAv1.13 mod (5.9mb) usb cable or Wi-Fi aio andriod auto edition you can apply to your mzd infotainment. To get the best experience is to enable all navigation settings in google maps on your Android devices including play voice over Bluetooth etc.
- This allows the ability for your favourite music app to fade softly played (voume low) in the background whilst navigation voice takes over for each direction- just like the original mazda navigation system. But say if you preferred a complete pause of your music when navigation voice take over then just only disable the first option "play voice over Bluetooth" and enabled the others two, your music will automatically resume afterwards. Some people like this better (for wifi mode, this would be highly recommended method to reduce/prevent audio lags and stuttering).

• Important! Make sure 1st is to have the latest version of Google maps/waze and Android auto in your Android device and also clear all its "cache" to avoid crash/freezes or minimize issues.
  • If you have issue installing over old aio AA due to diskspace low or "can't connect etc" or freeze/multiple crashes go here Android Auto Won't Launch once rectified then redo installation. Eg comments "my AA v1.13 keeps crashing, wont load, map freezes/lagging....sound clashing..etc". 99.9% is due to the cmu diskspace memory is full of logs files from previous version or dump files roughly 400+ MB.
  • Issue google maps or waze uses more battery power on your Android device while navigating (old usb hub)? Do this power adapter bridge hack Official AA vs AIO and you'll never have this problem ever again! (Being using this setup since 2017). Works with new usb hub as well.
Features:
  • Audio focus for radio or AA apps/media is extremely stable/solid including waze (tested) it will resume back automatically to whatever your last audio focus was after navigation voice directions. (Usb mode).
  • Press *fav button to pause/resume AA media/apps - no skipping last track when resume from radio focus to phone audio apps eg spotify, google music, pulsar+..etc. (pressing prev or next button on the steering wheel to change tracks).
  • Press End calls button on the steering wheel to switch to radio audio (very handy smart feature as you can change your saved favourite radio stations with prev and next button). It will also fuction as normal during a call to end it if u press the end call button.
  • Long press and hold down "back or end calls" button for 2 sec or more to return to mazda main menu.
  • HUD turn by turn google maps integration only. (roundabout fixed) ..*if left hand drive "home buttun (left side) swapped go here for remapping AIO - All-In-One tweaks.
  • Wifi mode is much more smoother, stable and improved in audio focus Bluetooth (Some very minor sound stuttering). Enable navigation voice and listening to the radio will get the best results.
Download link AA v1.13 mod easyupload.io (27 days expired) please share/mirrors etc.

Enjoy! And please give feedback for using as its will be great help for future version. Took an extensive of trails and errors to get it working properly. Please leave your "mzd firmware version" in the comments whether successfully works or not, thank you.

** There might be some minor problem with left hand drive vehicle where the home button is on the left side but all functions should works as intended. Please refer to other threads post to combine it with this headunit. Cheers!

**Only tested on fw59 CX-5 right hand drive, but should work from fw55-59. Can someone please test on fw70 to see if audio works with usb cable (old or new hub) or wifi? So i could update the thread title. Thank you.
Is there any other places where the v1.13 has been uploaded to? I'm having a hard time accessing easyupload's server as it keeps showing Error1020 access denied.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have done all the settings what you said but it did not help. I find out when Google voice works and does not work. He only does not work when I listen to FM radio. The voice does work with FM radio. if you say navigate to an address then the waze voice works but if I say Google what is the weather or call home you do not hear the Google assistant voice you only see the voice icon movement. everything works fine if you listen to Spotify or my radio. I hope you can do something with this info.
@Dirk im really glad u have spotted this, when using the radio google assistant did work. But apparently no voice/sound play through any of the speakers either using google maps or waze. I have finally! fixed this rather annoying issue now. Google assistant will works on both navigation apps - google maps and waze. Also the radio audio will resume in both after asking for address, weather, calling home..etc everything should works now 100% regardless of how your sound settings may be for Google maps app on your device.

Please refer to main post to get the latest updates/fixed and please give feedback as always. Thank you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Where is the download link for 1.14 mod?
Is it for left hand drivers?
@issam_isl
Refer to main post of the thread for download link. Its for universal driver side. Only left drive "Home" button left side need remapping. If someone can show me a picture of left hand drive vehicle buttons maybe i can code for it another time. Thank you.

Please give feedback as it helps alot including your fw version.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Heya, thanks for your hard work.

Is your version a fork? Do you share the source somewhere? Imo, you should use another name, because we'll have a problem with the official unofficial AA ver...

·
Registered
16 Posts
This works perfectly, thank you very much, finally after months of having issues with android auto, finally everything works and is stable without any crashes. Only thing that is missing is HUD navigation instructions when using Waze but I can live without that.

1 - 20 of 344 Posts