2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That's brilliant! I'll give you a small gift via paypal (don't waste it on toilet paper though :p)
@artnis
Thank you! Last 2 Days have been very hectic to get this works faster and better user experience. I hope u and the rest of us mazda community enjoy it n buying me a beer for making life a little easier. Anyways... AA Tru_go is uploaded!..

Note: Last version holding end calls to get to mazda main menu makes AA media app loses audio focus to radio interruption. Now its better that its become the "Back" press and holding down. Cheers! As always please give feedback :)

·
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti O
134 Posts
Thanks for the great work.
Is it possible to return the zoom on GoogleMap when rotate the multi-controller like in 1.11 version

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Thanks for the great work.
Is it possible to return the zoom on GoogleMap when rotate the multi-controller like in 1.11 version
@filmi
Very simple to zoom in and out in Google maps. u use the multi-controller knob very easy. ( no need to touch the screen + or -).
Scenario 1. If u have set your route/address. Just turn the rotation knob to zoom. Or Push up on the knob to select the street/directions above which highlights in rectangular shape, now rotate to zoom.

2nd scenario. If u havent set any route/address and wanted just to zoom, push up once, it should highlight something above the screen. Now rotate the knob to zoom.

Remember Push the "Back" button anytime to re-centre your gps location position.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Radarwild. Thanks for your great work, latest version is working well.

I would like to include the "touchscreen while moving" tweak, so how can I do it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just download and installed "AA v1.14 Tru_go reverse compass fixed + wifi" on my european abarth 124 (I installed the Mazda MX5 FW70 firmware, so my unit is the same of a MX5): as previous version, this does not work. Before installing I erased Waze, Google Maps and Android Auto cache. This is what happens with my Lenovo P2 (android 7 with hotspot mode, Android Auto developer mode on and Android Auto server started): bluetooth connects fine, wifi connects fine but Android Auto does not start. If I manually open Android Auto from my unit, it shows instructions to connect via wifi or usb but nothing happens. If I connect the phone to the unit using USB cable I see a black screen on my car unit and an error page on my smartphone (it tells Android Auto stop responding and I have to disconnect and reconnect usb cable: done but same error).

Please tell me how can I help you further to debug this or how I can uninstall Android Auto 1.14

Thank you

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
@abarth124
1st thank you for trying/testing to run AA Tru_go on fw70 unit. Can u please tell me specifically what fw70 its it u have? .100 and below or (.335 or .352?) Can u also try out the nomal AA Tru_go without the reverse compass fix? If it doesn't work at least i know that fw70.00.(version) isn't supported and minimize down which is and isnt from there. Thanks again. To uninstall go here Mazda AIO Tweaks select the red sqaure AA to uninstall.

@jagr128
For touch while moving go here Mazda AIO Tweaks and install your tweaks add-on. What fw are u running on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
@abarth124
1st thank you for trying/testing to run AA Tru_go on fw70 unit. Can u please tell me specifically what fw70 its it u have? .100 and below or (.335 or .352?) Can u also try out the nomal AA Tru_go without the reverse compass fix? If it doesn't work at least i know that fw70.00.(version) isn't supported and minimize down which is and isnt from there. Thanks again.
I have the .100 firmware, with updated usb host. Tomorrow I'll test the standard AA v.1.14 Tru_go (without the reverse compass fix).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just tested the standard version and it works like a charm! Both with usb and wi-fi! BUT audio is never working: i did a lot of test with cable and wifi, I can't listen anything (no Waze audio, no Spotify audio, no Google Maps audio) and this happens always (with unit audio source on DAB/FM or on Bluetooth).

In the first post there is a jpeg attachment (enable_all_Gmaps_voice.jpg) but I can't find that menu in my smartphone or in my unit. Where is it?

Note: my test is very limited because I'm in Italy and I can't leave my home with my car because covid-19 laws (I'm not sick but I can't move). So I can't test in the street to see if there is some crash or problem. I test Waze and Maps but I can't say if navigation is reversed or not because I only tested in my box auto

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi! Thanks for this mod! i have not tried installing this mod as my car is in a body repair shop but does installing this AA version fix crashing issue(Where AA will discconnect and reconnect everytime?) or do i still need to clear cache? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! Thanks for this mod! i have not tried installing this mod as my car is in a body repair shop but does installing this AA version fix crashing issue(Where AA will discconnect and reconnect everytime?) or do i still need to clear cache? Thanks!
Hi Ricky, in the first post is written you only should clear cache of Android Auto / Google Maps / Waze in your smartphone. All other logs/cache will be erased by AA 1.14 during install process (be sure you downloaded the latest version you find in the first post)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just tested the standard version and it works like a charm! Both with usb and wi-fi! BUT audio is never working: i did a lot of test with cable and wifi, I can't listen anything (no Waze audio, no Spotify audio, no Google Maps audio) and this happens always (with unit audio source on DAB/FM or on Bluetooth).

In the first post there is a jpeg attachment (enable_all_Gmaps_voice.jpg) but I can't find that menu in my smartphone or in my unit. Where is it?

Note: my test is very limited because I'm in Italy and I can't leave my home with my car because covid-19 laws (I'm not sick but I can't move). So I can't test in the street to see if there is some crash or problem. I test Waze and Maps but I can't say if navigation is reversed or not because I only tested in my box auto
@abarth124 thanks for testing again on fw70.00100. So final test u need to do to be certain that there is no sound for navigation or audio for FM, spotify..etc is before connecting your Android device is to find that menu open your latest Google maps app. Now on the top-right corner is google search theres a letter next to the microphone open/tap it. A new menu open, select "settings" then select navigation settings. Now you'll see the 3 options in the picture..disable the 1st option n then connect your device to test. If that doesn't work try disable 1st & 3rd..etc good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@abarth124 thanks for testing again on fw70.00100. So final test u need to do to be certain that there is no sound for navigation or audio for FM, spotify..etc is before connecting your Android device is to find that menu open your latest Google maps app. Now on the top-right corner is google search theres a letter next to the microphone open/tap it. A new menu open, select "settings" then select navigation settings. Now you'll see the 3 options in the picture..disable the 1st option n then connect your device to test. If that doesn't work try disable 1st & 3rd..etc good luck.
As you can see in my screenshot, my Google Maps menu is different (and yes, I check on Play Store and I have the latest version for my OS). By the way I also checked if different options appear after connecting to car unit but I always see the same interface. I tried to enable/disable each option but no success. When I try "Riproduci suono di prova" (that's "test the sound" option) no sound is outputted (but I see the audio animated gif during the test near "Riproduci suono di prova").

I think all the audio stuff is not working anymore when Android Auto is connected. I tried using the standard Mazda music player (so I'm not inside Android Auto) but it's not reproducing any audio. The volume is not working, if I try to adjust it using buttons or joystick nothing happens (here a short video: New video by Enzo dell'Aquila ).

Finally note all the unit is very slow when Android Auto is connected (wifi or usb): the slowest operation is exiting android auto, it keeps several seconds (long press home button, than black screen, than press back button)

·
Registered
18 Posts
my navigation settings are also missing the option to turn off 'play voice over bluetooth' I have tried the loudest voice setting before, but it sounded distorted and choppy. I tried both of the 1.14 reverse compass versions and I get inconsistent results. Sometimes navigation and music is smooth and clear and stable. Sometimes, the audio streams won't play smoothly together. most recently on the 'tru go' version, everything looks fine for a few minutes, then it starts rebooting over and over again. I continue to clear cache on the phone's AA, google maps, and google play services. I cleared AA data this morning and after setting it up again, it was OK for a few minutes before the boot looping started again.

I don't seem to able to rotate the knob to zoom like someone else was reporting. rotating the knob cycles through the selectable items in the top or bottom. pressing up or down on the knob chooses the top or bottom region of selectable items. Also, with my left hand drive vehicle, the cycling seems to stop in the middle and wrap around to the other side as though it's expecting the selectable items to be in a different order.

2015 Mazda 3 with firmware 55.00.760A-NA
( I have a known bad touch screen, but for now I have disabled touch while driving. I contacted the dealer about a replacement but things got serious this week for corona social distancing)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
As you can see in my screenshot, my Google Maps menu is different (and yes, I check on Play Store and I have the latest version for my OS). By the way I also checked if different options appear after connecting to car unit but I always see the same interface. I tried to enable/disable each option but no success. When I try "Riproduci suono di prova" (that's "test the sound" option) no sound is outputted (but I see the audio animated gif during the test near "Riproduci suono di prova").

I think all the audio stuff is not working anymore when Android Auto is connected. I tried using the standard Mazda music player (so I'm not inside Android Auto) but it's not reproducing any audio. The volume is not working, if I try to adjust it using buttons or joystick nothing happens (here a short video: New video by Enzo dell'Aquila ).

Finally note all the unit is very slow when Android Auto is connected (wifi or usb): the slowest operation is exiting android auto, it keeps several seconds (long press home button, than black screen, than press back button)

View attachment 275888
@abarth124
Thanks for your efforts this is very helpful. I believe for now fw70 is supported n runs but without any sort of sounds atm for this current version. I can probably private msg u a link version strictly for fw70 that "might" work to have sound only for fm/usb music, but nothing else there will be none for navigation or google assistant if u like. No idea if calls sound detection works either. U have to test those key functions.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
my navigation settings are also missing the option to turn off 'play voice over bluetooth' I have tried the loudest voice setting before, but it sounded distorted and choppy. I tried both of the 1.14 reverse compass versions and I get inconsistent results. Sometimes navigation and music is smooth and clear and stable. Sometimes, the audio streams won't play smoothly together. most recently on the 'tru go' version, everything looks fine for a few minutes, then it starts rebooting over and over again. I continue to clear cache on the phone's AA, google maps, and google play services. I cleared AA data this morning and after setting it up again, it was OK for a few minutes before the boot looping started again.

I don't seem to able to rotate the knob to zoom like someone else was reporting. rotating the knob cycles through the selectable items in the top or bottom. pressing up or down on the knob chooses the top or bottom region of selectable items. Also, with my left hand drive vehicle, the cycling seems to stop in the middle and wrap around to the other side as though it's expecting the selectable items to be in a different order.

2015 Mazda 3 with firmware 55.00.760A-NA
( I have a known bad touch screen, but for now I have disabled touch while driving. I contacted the dealer about a replacement but things got serious this week for corona social distancing)
@RevWillie
Thanks for the feedback please try downloading again from main thread refresh the page. Let me know how'd you go this time round. Your issue regarding sound/clashing, u MUST find the 3 options in google maps and deselect "no voice over Bluetooth"..get the latest version or perhaps your device have a custom rom? It might not show up. Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
@abarth124
Thanks for your efforts this is very helpful. I believe for now fw70 is supported n runs but without any sort of sounds atm for this current version. I can probably private msg u a link version strictly for fw70 that "might" work to have sound only for fm/usb music, but nothing else there will be none for navigation or google assistant if u like. No idea if calls sound detection works either. U have to test those key functions.
I think I can survive without bluetooth audio connection, maybe I can disable bluetooth at all so I can hear audio from smartphone louder. I'll wait for your private message with a new version to test. Thank you for your effort.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, reporting here i have just tried this on V70.00.335 ADR, and it doesnt seem to connect. The display just turn black and stop there Im still using the original USB Hub tho

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Hi, reporting here i have just tried this on V70.00.335 ADR, and it doesnt seem to connect. The display just turn black and stop there Im still using the original USB Hub tho
@Ricky Andika
Hi, yes that version is only stricly for fw55-59 as it says on the download zip. Fw70 version is currently being test, working on as of this message, please be patient...make good progress atm..NOT guarantee that it will work as im tesing it on fw59..that's why i need testers. It'll be up sometime soon. Cheers!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did another manual clearing of the folder and installed AA1.14, everything is running smoothly. Moving forward I will be using future releases of Tru_go. The only thing I would highlight or hope that future releases would address is when making or receiving calls, the call sometimes goes to the Mazda dialer instead of the AA dialer, after ending the call the CMU would freeze and I will need to either restart or unplug and plug. I am hoping there is a way of ensuring that it goes to AA dialer.

20200314_115029.jpg 20200314_115058.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
I did another manual clearing of the folder and installed AA1.14, everything is running smoothly. Moving forward I will be using future releases of Tru_go. The only thing I would highlight or hope that future releases would address is when making or receiving calls, the call sometimes goes to the Mazda dialer instead of the AA dialer, after ending the call the CMU would freeze and I will need to either restart or unplug and plug. I am hoping there is a way of ensuring that it goes to AA dialer.

View attachment 275897 View attachment 275898
@san098 thank you for your feedback please try the new zip for fw55_59.zip on the main thread that should fix your problem.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts