2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Which version would you use v1.15A or v1.15B?

• V1.15A

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • V1.15B

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Widescreen mode v70

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Normal mode v70

Votes: 3 18.8%
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read all before start downloading and applying tweaks to your mazda cmu system!

Compatible with FW59.00.545 to FW70.00.352 only! (Cmu must have usb enabled tweaks access serial with idv7 recovery fw59.00.545 or Idv7 v2 recovery for fw70.00.xx-fw70.00.352) from Serial Connection .

*** Caution extreme high level of CMU bootloop only use at your own risk! I am not responsible for your brick CMU and do not continue unless you're absolutely 100% sure of how to resolve this matter first! Learn more on how to getting out of temporarily, endless, Mazda bootloop, default logo screen Stuck in an installation loop from V.59 to V.70. Make a backup of your /jci folder with Aio backup to an usb thumbdrive.

Preparation : Make a spare usb thumbdrive/folder of all tweaks uninstallation from http://dl.mazdatweaks.win/ Mazda Aio v2.8.6 application on your computer by selecting all the red squares and compiled it. Keep this backup aside just incase ending up in a bootloop state or a non bootloop but a frozen mzd main screen. If this happens Insert this usb stick into your car during boot up and let it completely uninstall all the tweaks whilst in bootloop/freeze/soft brick mode of the cmu display screen. Once resolved, restart the procedure by only install "No more disclaimer" tweak first standalone (no others tweaks).

Important: After each tweaks installation or uninstallation remove usb as instructed. If usb thumbdrive are not removed and is remain connected during a reboot, mzd cmu will not boot and will be in bootloop/freeze state! Refer above for cmu repair to normal working mode.

Requirements:
  • Android V7 to V9 (Android 10 or higher might have issue connecting must disable all things Dex related) any lower version than V7 will not work.
  • Unitek USB3.0 4-ports external data hub model Y-3089 with a DC port for extra power connection for fast charging or 4 USB 3.0 Multi HUB Charging Port Adapter High Speed Expansion support 5V DC fast charge. Both can be purchase on ebay or Amazon. Without this hardware AA Tru_go v1.15 will not load on FW59.00.545 to FW70.00.352.
  • Must use FAT32 formatted usb stick <64gb.
  • Install Mazda Aio v2.8.6 tweak "No More Disclaimer" This will completely remove the disclaimer and will enable AA Tru_go_v1.15 to function. Otherwise risk yourself of a cmu bootloop state as mentioned above. If you did not install this tweak prior installing AA Tru_go_v1.15 stop immediately and do not continue any further.
Optionals: If you'd like to install others tweaks e.g speedometer, video player, status bar, fuel consumption etc.. You must install them after AA Tru_go V1.15 otherwise they will not work.

Note : After a successful installation of AA Tru_go V1.15 to work on 1st attempt allows Mzd cmu completely shutdown by locking your vehicle and keep all keys remote transmitters far away for 5mins. This will allows the car's system to deep sleep. Afterward switch on your cmu and let all its resources loaded approximately takes 20-30 seconds before making any kind of usb or wireless connections. If AA Tru_go v1.15 fail or not appearing on display unit, disconnect and reconnect usb data cable again as you may not had waited long enough for all the resources to load. Refer to AA Tru_go 1.14b Fw55-59.00.502 for user manual/buttons functionality.

Change log V1.15 as of 6th March 2021
  • Original scaling interface like AA v1.13
  • Short video clip of V1.15 original scaling working extremely well and load very fast on FW70.00.367. Note: There are no plans to share the solution yet, because Mazda also actively monitors public activities and quickly closes holes in its firmware. Any comments regarding this will be totally ignored!
Change log V1.15A (V1.15B) as of 21st Feb 2021: more misc bug fix.
  • Waze/google maps HUD and street info always shows-> Engine on-> cmu setting->Ad-display tick, street info "always". Then must save/set to seat memory 1 or 2 & keyless remote (s) hold button door unlock for 2sec wait for beep. Otherwise waze HUD will not be shown on next engine starting.
  • Car Bluetooth pairing standalone audio stuttering fixed.
  • Fonts fixed.
  • Proper procedure to stop wireless navigation->Android Auto app on phone stop headunit server. Switch of hotspot on phone. If mzd cmu freezes on navigation screen, hold the back button on centre control for 4sec and release to resume mzd main menu.
  • Minor fixes to HUD to show Waze roundabout/destination images.
Change log as of 3rd Jan 2021:

Working (Confirmed works 100% on CX-5 FW70.00.100 & FW70.00.352, on device: Andriod V9 with old USB hub + use external USB data HUB model Unitek Y-3089 (not require but for fast charging @2.1A use 12v power socket) :
  • No black screen of death once usb or wireless connection established or disconnected.
  • All audio sound works; this includes navigation voice directions (google music, spotify, google assistant...etc) in usb mode. Wireless mode minor audio stuttering.
  • Touch enabled always (while car in motion or stationary) with installation "Touchscreen" tweak from Mazda Aio v2.8.6.
  • Support Hud navigation turn by turn for google maps & Waze.
  • Day/night mode auto detection depends on phone or car settings.
  • Rooted phone unknown apps/castscreen/Car stream youtube.
  • Supported for old usb hub (recommand usb adapter power hub hacks for fast charge Official AA vs AIO) and newer usb hub.
  • Mute radio anytime in AA interface with "End call button", press again to unmute.
  • High quality music sampling (use 2nd usb port for mp3s/lossless playback) if u setup your amp..etc now supported.
Not working or known bugs :
  • Wireless mode audio stuttering & exiting sometimes AA freezes at navigation screen at times (temp fix: stop headunit serve 1st on your device & then switch of hotspot sharing). Hold the"back" button on center control for 4sec and release to return to mazda's main menu.
  • Official oem Mazda native AA will be disabled with newer usb hub (hub with phone icon for apple devices).
  • Not compatible with Apple devices? (Require feedback from user with newer usb hub with iphone connection to confirm this).
Download options: for (FW59.00.545 to FW70.00.352).
AA Tru_go v1.15 Original scaling FW70_352
(Same scaling as AA V1.13)
AA Tru_go v1.15A FW70_352 HD (Normal original AA native layout display).
AA Tru_go v1.15B FW70_352 HD (Normal original AA native layout display). AA Audio Experimental, perhaps less stuttering.
AA Tru_go v1.15 FW70_352 HD_Widescreen (This has the same AA layout similar to Mzd Connect II on CX-30 or CX-5 2021 10inch screen). This may required a powerful/flagship device.

Please download the preferred version. You can try any. Enjoy!

Download link:
AA Tru_go v1.15 Original scaling FW70_352
AA Tru_go v1.15A FW59.00.545 to FW70_352 HD
AA Tru_go v1.15B FW59.00.545 to FW70_352 HD
AA Tru_go v1.15A FW59.00.545 to FW70_352 HD_Widescreen

***Donating is a great way to show your appreciation and fund further development or just buy me a beer/coffee/tips for expenses I had incur for new batteries/charger and time spended, numerous testing/work involved on my vehicle. For our Mazda community :) Pay Radar Wild using PayPal.Me . Thank you!

Thank you to the all the great developers; specially Trevor Martin without his work I would have never able to create any such mod/improved version asap.

Please remember to always give feedback for using this as its will greatly help for future versions/bug report. Please leave your "mzd firmware version" "android device version" and "AA version" you had installed in your post/comments or a picture whether AA Tru_go V1.15A successfully work for you or not, thank you.

**Example CX-5 FW70.00.100, Android V9, AA Tru_go V1.15A HD with usb connection established, working: right hand drive orientation, touch mode, audio. Bugs: when making/using wireless mode bluetooth audio stuttering. End wireless mode cmu sometimes freeze and have to press music or navi button to resume mzd menu. Navi SDcard removed and audio stuttering has reduce dramatically but STR has stopped working. Re-Insert navi sdcard STR returned.

FAQ:
1. Why is AA Tru_go V1.15A shows/flashes for a few seconds and then failed to load and return to mzd default menu. Even when I had disconnect and reconnect the usb cable multiple attempt after 20 second+ although all resources had loaded? Or won't connect in wireless mode?

Before making any connection from your Android device and your cmu system...
  • Have you enable developers mode on your andriod device in settings? and enable usb debugging?
  • Have you enable developers mode in Android auto app on your device and selected/tick enable unknown source? And allow video resolution up to 1080p?
  • Have you update to the latest google maps/waze/Android Auto apps and clear all their cache?
  • Have you established Bluetooth connection between mzd headunit and on your device?
If no to any of those AA Tru_go V1.15A will likely not work properly.

2. I have done all the above steps in question 1 but AA Tru_go V1.15A still did not load on initial connection or no audio?

Always use a data usb cable or try another data usb cable. Disconnect wait 10 seconds and reconnect usb data cable. Reboot cmu by holding down mute+Navi buttons until cmu restart, wait for everything to settle and reconnect your usb data cable. Try another Android phone/tablet with Android V7 or higher version. Your device is an iPhone?

3. When I insert USB with tweaks nothing happens. I'm not prompted to install anything.
Is there anything I can do without tearing apart the center console?

Check if the usb stick with the tweaks is FAT32 formatted (it could be faulty). Test other usb sticks (e.g. < 64GB). No other usb stick are connected on other ports.

4. I drive on the left (steering wheel on left) but AA Tru_go V1.15A displayed on the right. How do I switch it over?

Edit the headunit.json file from root usb /config/androidauto/data_persist/dev/bin/headunit.json

Before: "rightHandDrive":true
After: "rightHandDrive":false

Save the file and reinstall AA Tru_go V1.15A.

5. My phone is Android V10 or higher but it won't connect or nothing happened after everything installed successfully?
  • Did you turn on developer option with USB debugging enable on your Android phone settings?
  • Did your turn on developer option in your "Android Auto" app and enable unknown source?
  • Did you disable all things Dex related. Settings-->Apps...Tap the the dots on top right corner-->Show system apps. Scroll to Samsung Dex-->Deny all permissions to dex. Can also use Package Disabler.
  • Once connection link with Mazda headunit with data USB cable, did you pull the drop down menu on your device under USB connection and select/set the tab transfer file mode? (not set default on charge mode only).
  • Mazda has your phone bluetooth connection with audio and calls.
  • You might need to do a "Revoke USB debugging authorizations" in your device developers options.
  • Did your clear all the caches for Google maps, google assistant, Waze, Android Auto apps? and they're all the latest version?
  • Restarting your Android device and reconnect?
  • Probably not compatible/supported at the moment.
6. I have setup my phone correctly to the instructions and followed all the steps but AA v.1.15A will still only load at %50 on my Android device and disconnected?

You will need an external usb data hub with power source slot (its not require to apply extra 12v to power it, only apply power to this hub if you wanted for fast charging @2.1A while using your device on long trips) as long as it connect to one of your usb port. The hub give access to unofficial AA and extra data pre-processed for FW59.00.504 to FW70.00.352. Connect your usb data cable to this data hub and your Android device and AA v1.15 will load immediately. Enjoy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Radarwild. Glad to see this is still being updated! Appreciate all that you do. Couple quick questions:
1. Which download link is for those running FW59.00.504?
2. The issue I've had with the older versions is that when I make a phone call, 50% of the time, it kicks me out of AA to the Mazda connect phone screen and then I have to hold the home button for a few seconds to get back into AA. Is this fixed in v1.15?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Radarwild. Glad to see this is still being updated! Appreciate all that you do. Couple quick questions:
1. Which download link is for those running FW59.00.504?
2. The issue I've had with the older versions is that when I make a phone call, 50% of the time, it kicks me out of AA to the Mazda connect phone screen and then I have to hold the home button for a few seconds to get back into AA. Is this fixed in v1.15?
@jpzsports

1. The download links are both compatible for firmware from 59.00.504 to 70.00.352 regardless of the name/title. It is up to you whether you'd prefer widescreen or native display view.

2. Look like the issue you are having could be resolve with v1.14b latest release 31st dec 2020 or V1.15. You have to test it yourself, as I do not encounter this problem on my end.

Try v1.14b 1st and see if that will fixes your issue or if u encounter a blackscreen when exiting AA interface. Then try v1.15 follow all instructions and test. Please report back and let us know if your problem have been sorted or not. It'll be very useful for others.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi,
I instaled AA Tru_go V1.15 FW59.00.504-FW70.00.xx-Fw70.00.352. Everything instaled fine but when I connected my phone nothing happens. I have phone with Android10 and my cmu system is FW700.00.021. What can I do more?
@radiofon
Android V10 might have some issue with connectivity. Have you enable all the developers options on your phone, enable usb debugging, and in your phone Android Auto app (enable developer mode) and enable unknown source?

When you connected your device did you select/allow file transfer connection tab by changing the usb connection type? Do those things 1st, is your usb cable a data type? Try to disconnect and give it 5sec and reconnect. Let us know how'd you go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for your respond.
Today I tried once again. I have set up everything what you have written (I hope).
When I connected my device and select file transfer (usb connection type) my phone blink and it backs to charging only. I have to select file transfer twice or three times. After that it changes to file transfer but on cmu nothing happens. When I started spotify app on my phone it changes on car mode.
My current phone is Xiaomi MI 9T with Android 10.
I am going to try once again but with another phone with an older version of Android.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your respond.
Today I tried once again. I have set up everything what you have written (I hope).
When I connected my device and select file transfer (usb connection type) my phone blink and it backs to charging only. I have to select file transfer twice or three times. After that it changes to file transfer but on cmu nothing happens. When I started spotify app on my phone it changes on car mode.
My current phone is Xiaomi MI 9T with Android 10.
I am going to try once again but with another phone with an older version of Android.
@radiofon
Thanks for the feedback. Its quite useful, perhaps Android V10 isn't compatible. I will change the ops thread for now as standing thats its not functional with it until someone confirm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi all. im use fw "59.00.540A-ADR" and android 10 in ss note9. im install aa v1.15 Normal. with usb it's work Normal but carstream lag and call sometimes lag. im will test and repost for you. Wireless mode audio stuttering & exiting every gives an AA freeze screen.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there already working version on 70.x with native AA cars and wireless connectijn?
@AsteriX

This is not original Mazda oem native AA. Its is AA Tru_go v1.15 base on v1.13 with lots of modifications/codes added to get it working on fw70 with wireless.

Mazda native AA will never support touch while driving and wireless connection. Hope this answer your question.

·
Registered
42 Posts
@AsteriX

This is not original Mazda oem native AA. Its is AA Tru_go v1.15 base on v1.13 with lots of modifications/codes added to get it working on fw70 with wireless.

Mazda native AA will never support touch while driving and wireless connection. Hope this answer your question.
Of course, I understand that this is an unofficial version with extra functionality, I meant is there a version that can be installed on my CMU with firmware 70 in which there is native AA to get the possibility of wireless AA and other features

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My test results of today:

Short story:
Bench setup CMU (not in the car) with CX-5 KE CMU FW 70.00.352 EU, Android V11, AA Tru_go v1.15 FW70_352 HD: No usb connection and no WiFi connection could be established; not working.

Long story:
I installed "AA Tru_go v1.15 FW70_352 HD" at my bench (old USB hub, left hand drive) on 70.00.352 EU (before I did the serial access and installed the "No More Disclaimer"-Tweak from AIO, which is required). The installation worked fine. I saw Android Auto in the applications list of the MZD. And I connected my Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (Android 11) via Bluetooth. Then I connected the original Samsung cable of the phone (and afterwards another working cable), but at the phone was displayed some text like "Unstable USB-Connection. Disconnect the cable and connect it again or try another cable.". Both cables work perfectly with Mazda`s original AA in my CX-5 (also at .352), so the cables can not be defective. I think, that Android 11 might be the culprit/cause. It has no Android Auto App anymore, as AA is build-in in Android. So I can not stard the AA App at the phone manually. I guess Tru_go is not compatible with Android 11. Unfortunately I do not own an older Android phone.
Afterwards I connected the phone and the CMU via WiFi with my home router, but still AA Tru_go could not be started at the phone or at the CMU.

Edit: @Radarwild : Hopefully tomorrow I will try to install this bench CMU to my CX-5 and test again. Please let me know (at best in advance), if this is of any hope/help or if it will definitively not work - e.g. because of an known incompatibility of Android 11 and Tru_Go. Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My test results of today:

Short story:
Bench setup CMU (not in the car) with CX-5 KE CMU FW 70.00.352 EU, Android V11, AA Tru_go v1.15 FW70_352 HD: No usb connection and no WiFi connection could be established; not working.

Long story:
I installed "AA Tru_go v1.15 FW70_352 HD" at my bench (old USB hub, left hand drive) on 70.00.352 EU (before I did the serial access and installed the "No More Disclaimer"-Tweak from AIO, which is required). The installation worked fine. I saw Android Auto in the applications list of the MZD. And I connected my Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (Android 11) via Bluetooth. Then I connected the original Samsung cable of the phone (and afterwards another working cable), but at the phone was displayed some text like "Unstable USB-Connection. Disconnect the cable and connect it again or try another cable.". Both cables work perfectly with Mazda`s original AA in my CX-5 (also at .352), so the cables can not be defective. I think, that Android 11 might be the culprit/cause. It has no Android Auto App anymore, as AA is build-in in Android. So I can not stard the AA App at the phone manually. I guess Tru_go is not compatible with Android 11. Unfortunately I do not own an older Android phone.
Afterwards I connected the phone and the CMU via WiFi with my home router, but still AA Tru_go could not be started at the phone or at the CMU.

Edit: @Radarwild : Hopefully tomorrow I will try to install this bench CMU to my CX-5 and test again. Please let me know (at best in advance), if this is of any hope/help or if it will definitively not work - e.g. because of an known incompatibility of Android 11 and Tru_Go. Thanks.
@Tristan-cx5

Thank for a quite thorough detialed test. I do believe it is v10 and higher are having this connection problem, (I do not have v10 or 11 so cannot test) but i kind of have something in the works hopefully will sort out this bug soon. Cheers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Of course, I understand that this is an unofficial version with extra functionality, I meant is there a version that can be installed on my CMU with firmware 70 in which there is native AA to get the possibility of wireless AA and other features
Yes my v1.15 right now only works with Android v7-V9. For mazda cmu fw59.00.504 through to fw70.00.352. Hope that helps. If you're planning to install please let know your setup? Full Cmu version ? Android device version it works on. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes my v1.15 right now only works with Android v7-V9. For mazda cmu fw59.00.504 through to fw70.00.352. Hope that helps. If you're planning to install please let know your setup? Full Cmu version ? Android device version it works on. Thanks.
Mazda 6 GTR 2018 USA, native AA, CMU fw70.00.352 + ID7 Recovery v2
Samsung S10+, Android 11
1.13 and 1.14 did not worked, 1.15 not tested yet
I need only wireless AA and sensor :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
@radiofon
Thanks for the feedback. Its quite useful, perhaps Android V10 isn't compatible. I will change the ops thread for now as standing thats its not functional with it until someone confirm.
I downgraded my cmu from 70.00.021 to 59.00.545A. I instaled AA 1.15 according to the instructions and connected my phone with Android 10. It works but I tested it very short. Sometimes cmu turns black. For example today everything was good until I turned off the engine and I left the phone on (via cable). After starting the engine, cmu has turned black. I restarted my phone and again everything works. I used phone, maps and spotify.
Maybe I need to change some settings or old usb hub?

·
andrep
13 Posts
Buddy Tristan-cx5, it is possible to run AA on the phone. You need to upload additional software to the phone, I uploaded it from this page:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I downgraded my cmu from 70.00.021 to 59.00.545A. I instaled AA 1.15 according to the instructions and connected my phone with Android 10. It works but I tested it very short. Sometimes cmu turns black. For example today everything was good until I turned off the engine and I left the phone on (via cable). After starting the engine, cmu has turned black. I restarted my phone and again everything works. I used phone, maps and spotify.
Maybe I need to change some settings or old usb hub?
@radiofon
Great result there. So its confirm Andriod V10 works with fw59.00.545 with AA V1.15. Forgot to mention (thought people would know) do not leave the usb cable connected to your phone when starting your engine. Always/every time you wanted to use unofficial AA let the system fully loaded approx 20 seconds before making any connection to your phone. Else it'll not work. Reason it will detect the phone 1st before able to load all the recources due to mazda fw.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts