2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Which AA Tru_go V1.14b would you use?

• AA Tru_go v1.14b HD Final native view?

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • AA Tru_go v1.14b HD Widescreen display view?

Votes: 2 9.1%
481 - 496 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
@nraga89

Here are the steps I did. (OS Version .502 below)

What you need?
USB Drive this should be 32gb or less (make sure this is formatted to fat32)
Data Cable
Car Battery with enough juice (Potential to brick your head unit if your car dies while installing OS and/or AA)
Patience and Time

Initial Setup:
In your car: (Doing these steps make your bootup to accessory mode quicker)
1. Removed your navi card
2. Disable bluetooth

In your computer:
1. Download MZD AIO Tweak Installer from Mazda AIO Tweaks
2. Insert your USB drive and compile a couple of tweaks (perhaps 'no more disclaimer' and 'speedometer')

Back to your car:
3. Insert your USB drive in your car. Bootup into accessory mode and wait and follow the prompts to install the tweaks.
4. Check the tweaks have been installed
(Note: Steps 1 - 4 ensure that you are able to install tweaks in your current OS version. If you are able to install them, then go to step 5)

5. Remove "ALL" AIO Tweaks
6. Compile and Install ID7 Tweak. (Make sure only tick "Install ID7_Recovery Scripts Pack") Run this twice in your car to make sure that it has been installed properly. (I personally have ran it 4 times)
7. Upgrade OS Version to 59.00.502. Link OS Version (As per OP, this version is the most stable one for running tweaks so it is highly recommended to upgrade on this version. This will also take about 45 mins to an hour of your time)
7.a. Read the PDF document and follow the steps carefully
7.b. Upgrade to 59.00.502 failsafe
7.c. Upgrade to 59.00.502 reinstall package
8. Install individual tweaks (''no more disclaimer' only) - This step ensures that you are able to install tweak on the upgraded OS version.
9. Install the latest AA Tru_Go.
10. Update apps in your phone (Google Maps, Waze, Spotify). Then now you can connect your phone in your car with the data cable.
11. Install other tweaks you want to install from MZD AIO
12. Bluetooth can be reenabled and Navi card can be reinserted.

Additional:
13. Update Gracenote (Not really required but if you wish to do so, make sure you alot another hour or so of updating)

@Radarwild Please correct any of my steps if I have missed or I made a mistake. Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
@nraga89

Here are the steps I did. (OS Version .502 below)

What you need?
USB Drive this should be 32gb or less (make sure this is formatted to fat32)
Data Cable
Car Battery with enough juice (Potential to brick your head unit if your car dies while installing OS and/or AA)
Patience and Time

Initial Setup:
In your car: (Doing these steps make your bootup to accessory mode quicker)
1. Removed your navi card
2. Disable bluetooth

In your computer:
1. Download MZD AIO Tweak Installer from Mazda AIO Tweaks
2. Insert your USB drive and compile a couple of tweaks (perhaps 'no more disclaimer' and 'speedometer')

Back to your car:
3. Insert your USB drive in your car. Bootup into accessory mode and wait and follow the prompts to install the tweaks.
4. Check the tweaks have been installed
(Note: Steps 1 - 4 ensure that you are able to install tweaks in your current OS version. If you are able to install them, then go to step 5)

5. Remove "ALL" AIO Tweaks
6. Compile and Install ID7 Tweak. (Make sure only tick "Install ID7_Recovery Scripts Pack") Run this twice in your car to make sure that it has been installed properly. (I personally have ran it 4 times)
7. Upgrade OS Version to 59.00.502. Link OS Version (As per OP, this version is the most stable one for running tweaks so it is highly recommended to upgrade on this version. This will also take about 45 mins to an hour of your time)
7.a. Read the PDF document and follow the steps carefully
7.b. Upgrade to 59.00.502 failsafe
7.c. Upgrade to 59.00.502 reinstall package
8. Install individual tweaks (''no more disclaimer' only) - This step ensures that you are able to install tweak on the upgraded OS version.
9. Install the latest AA Tru_Go.
10. Update apps in your phone (Google Maps, Waze, Spotify). Then now you can connect your phone in your car with the data cable.
11. Install other tweaks you want to install from MZD AIO
12. Bluetooth can be reenabled and Navi card can be reinserted.

Additional:
13. Update Gracenote (Not really required but if you wish to do so, make sure you alot another hour or so of updating)

@Radarwild Please correct any of my steps if I have missed or I made a mistake. Thanks!
@nraga89

Step13.
You can download the latest separate Gracenote file for your region here: HiDrive before update go for a 5-10mins drive to ensure car battery fully charged because this process usually takes 1hr+.

14. You can add additional 1gb of memory to your cmu system following this post earlier AA Tru_go V1.14b FW55.00.xx-FW59.00.502

·
Registered
8 Posts
14. You can add additional 1gb of memory to your cmu system
In regards to this, can you please confirm if the memory is only used for the videoplayer or for the entire CMU system? as from what I read on the forums, the swap memory is only utilised by the videoplayer.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
In regards to this, can you please confirm if the memory is only used for the videoplayer or for the entire CMU system? as from what I read on the forums, the swap memory is only utilised by the videoplayer.
@Scheme
When do I need the to use the SwapFile Tweak?

If you use a navigation SD card and/or use the Video Player app or "Android Auto" often,
you may want to be use the swapfile if you are having memory issues. The Mazda Navigation System occupies a HUGE portion of your active memory. Those 3 apps require a pretty substantial chunk of memory for themselves to run smoothly, swap memory is the solution designed to solve this very issue.
When the system runs out of active memory and requires more in order to complete the current process, memory will swap (for empty memory space) an unused (or cached) part of itself with the swap memory to use as active memory until it is no longer needed or the swapped process is called, then it swaps back.
TIP: Swap memory is mounted during the CMU’s boot process and is also mounted when using the Video Player app. Some have found better performance by connecting the USB drive after boot is complete so the swapfile can be mounted by the Video Player app.
NOTE: Memory swap management is not perfect and performance issues can emerge in certain situations such as switching rapidly between many processes.

From my understanding its use by the entire cmu system when required.

·
Registered
2015 Mazd Axela Hybrid (JDM)
5 Posts
Hello,

Many thanks for the descriptive guide @Scheme & @Radarwild :):) . I think i'm much clear on the steps now.

I'm planning to do the update on this weekend since i'm trying to up my windows PC. most of the post suggest to use a windows.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you use a navigation SD card and/or use the Video Player app or "Android Auto" often, you may want to be use the swapfile if you are having memory issues. The Mazda Navigation System occupies a HUGE portion of your active memory. Those 3 apps require a pretty substantial chunk of memory for themselves to run smoothly, swap memory is the solution designed to solve this very issue.
Fair enough. Must have missed that on the other documentation. On the MZD AIO Tweaks app, it only mentioned this.

So I only assumed it is only for the videoplayer.
In saying that,is there a possibility that we can increase the swap file let say to 2 GB (or more)? Let say if I put a bigger size sd card for the navi?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. First and foremost many thanks to all of you who made the use of aio android auto and tweaks possible on mazda infotainment system. Your efforts and hard work are much appreciated.

Today I have successfully downgraded the firmware from v70 to 59.00.502 and gave AA Tru_go V1.14 a try. I must say that it's amazing to have AA enabled on my 2015 CX-5. However, it seems that whenever
the reverse camera pops in I am unable to go back in AA without restarting the CMU as otherwise I'm stuck with a black screen and unable to use AA anymore.

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Your support would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For me after reverse camera screen back to MZD , but back to AA when disconnect and connect cable again. ( I'm using magnetic cable ,it's quick)

But when I start AA from menu and than connect cable ,after reverse gear screen back to AA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For me after reverse camera screen back to MZD , but back to AA when disconnect and connect cable again. ( I'm using magnetic cable ,it's quick)

But when I start AA from menu and than connect cable ,after reverse gear screen back to AA.
The same thing happens to me in both scenarios, when the system gets back to AA the only thing I get is a black screen. It makes no difference that I disconnect and connect the cable. I'm only having AA visible on the screen and working when I first start it but reversing will trigger the black screen no matter what. I need to mention that I followed the steps and deleted the cache on my phone for AA, maps and waze before the first run after downgrading the firmware, so I'm pretty much stucked at the moment. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have downloaded the file unzipped it and put it on my usb stick formated as fat32 1.14b the Feb 21 update. But I am waiting 5 minutes and longer and it still does not come up with the installation.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rename the file tweak.sh to run.sh, insert the usb flash disk and reboot the CMU. Normally the installation screen will pop up in no more than one minute after total reboot of the CMU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tested version of 21 feb at FW .502 for few days in Wireless mode (no USB connection) at Android 10. Most of the time I used Google Maps along with bluetooth music. Within few minutes since connection established the music stuttering happens, then it gradually comes back to normal flow. At the same time the stuttering seems move to Google maps voice directions. No way to understand anything so I was forced to disable it. It looks like there is only one "audio channel" that can work well in Wireless mode and Tru_go sacrifices voice directions for the sake of music.

Shall note that I haven't faced problems with reverse camera. When I turn on the Drive mode back I got the black screen and music mute for just a few seconds and then it reverts back to AA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone. I have to rename the tweaks.sh file to run.sh to install tweaks, including AA v 1.14b What's the difference between tweaks and run? could this be the cause of the stuttering sound in AA. firmware .502, phone: mi note 10.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Scheme & Radarwild,
I followed the steps exactly but after upgrading to 59.00.502 from 59.00.441 the tweaks no longer install. I did install the ID7_Recovery Scripts before upgrading and made sure they were installed using the dryrun script. Any ideas on how I can install the tweaks without doing the serial hack.

Before upgrading I was successfully running AA and other tweaks but there were often glitches (AA not reconnecting or screen going black, the whole system froze two times with radio still playing but couldnt change channels, lower volume etc until I restarted the car) so decided to follow Schemes steps so that I could get on the version which was best tested.

Have a cross America road trip coming up and AA would be a big help. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Scheme & Radarwild,
I followed the steps exactly but after upgrading to 59.00.502 from 59.00.441 the tweaks no longer install. I did install the ID7_Recovery Scripts before upgrading and made sure they were installed using the dryrun script. Any ideas on how I can install the tweaks without doing the serial hack.

Before upgrading I was successfully running AA and other tweaks but there were often glitches (AA not reconnecting or screen going black, the whole system froze two times with radio still playing but couldnt change channels, lower volume etc until I restarted the car) so decided to follow Schemes steps so that I could get on the version which was best tested.

Have a cross America road trip coming up and AA would be a big help. Any help would be appreciated
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
Rename tweaks.sh in run.sh

481 - 496 of 496 Posts