2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installation on my 2018 3 was very simple, as I didn't need to remove any of the center console or shifter panels. Sorry to those with the CD player that do.

I just used a stubby flathead screwdriver, wrapped in tape, to do the job. Wiggled it in position where the clips were and tapped it with a hammer until it went in fully.. the clips made an audible noise each time.. 3 of 4 to be exact.. and then I was able to wiggle the unit out.

Took less than an hour and the only hard part was taking out and reinstalling the 10mm nut that secures your display... without dropping it... FUBAR if you do drop it.

Setting up the AA system with my Samsung S10 was super simple. Works with the stock chord that came with the phone and the Mazda system recognized the connection very quickly.

Calls.. texts.. Maps.. Calendar.. Samsung Music.. all work flawlessly. Very impressive.

I can playback FLAC files stored on my phone through the HUD now.. cover art and track info displays correctly... the files playback without gaps in between tracks, unlike when plugging in a USB flash drive, and I can use Dolby Atmos for surround sound through Samsung Music, which actually sounds really good.

Also, I put my old nav SD card into the new unit and it worked flawlessly.. not that I'll need it now..

For $156.. Thank you Med Center Mazda.. Really worthwhile upgrade.
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With my Samsung S10 it plays back via the USB connection.

I just did a Google search and read that some older phones may force a BT connection, but that it can be turned off in the phone's settings.
CK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.