1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah i saw it at the glowshift website but i think its not suitable for us as we have the side airbags there, so i dont think fitting it over that would be great, Correct me if im wroing but im still hunting some pods..............

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would only use it for competition or racing use only (Side Airbags Removed). 2010 Mazda 3's have side curtain air bags in the A-Pillar. In an accident you would get a face full of gauges if the airbag deployed. I believe there is a warning about this on GlowShift's website.

2010 Mazda 3 Beige Triple Pillar Pod

"I understand that this product should not be used on vehicles with a-pillar side air bags. I also agree that GlowShift is not liable for injuries resulting from the incorrect use of this product.*"

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a warning...it's kinda 'use @ your own risk' kinda thing.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I still would not use it, in an accident, the insurance companies will not pay up if you disable or modify an airbag, the gauges and pod will probably hit you in the face and Mazda will not be liable for any changes to safety equipment. It just is not worth it.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
why would you need 3 more guages? just curious...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have you tried looking into a MPH Heads up display? they do all the functions that a pod would do and more all you have to do is hook it up to your obd2 and tuck the wire :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts