2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,391 Posts
What exactly are you looking to do with the car? Rim size entirely depends on what your plans are. For cosmetic purposes only, it does not matter what you use. Some have used ridiculously wide rims and tires to get a certain "look". If you want the best mix of performance and ride quality, 17" rims are probably what you want. Then, there's the matter of tires......:smile2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you sir! I just want my car to look good, dont care about the speed. Im wondering if i buy 19 its too big? Coz my car is not lowered, theres so much space.

·
Super Moderator
6,391 Posts
Take a look through the Wheels and Tires subforum, there is a full range of different options posted there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not a huge fan of blacked out cars but it definitely looks nice; I could be biased since I love the M3's so much :p. There are some thin black side skirts in one of the subforums that would look really nice on the car, go look around for it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I like my OEM 18" wheels. I think 19 is a little too big as you have to run such a low profile tire. You sacrifice ride quality plus with a small sidewall a small pot hole could blow out your tire. I am running 225/45/18s on my ride.
Same here. Would think that the very low profile tires to go with the 19" wheels would be awful expensive.

Ralph

·
Registered
510 Posts
volk forged. the one and only :) 19x8.5

·
Registered
660 Posts
I find the hubcaps look surprisingly decent on these cars, more so that the 16" rims (or is it 17?) on the mid range models.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts