2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
What I got out of this is the SUVs and crossovers are doing well. Everything else can die in a fire. How long do you think before they give the 3 the axe?

Was hoping for a turbo AWD 3 in manual one day. I can always dream.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What I got out of this is the SUVs and crossovers are doing well. Everything else can die in a fire. How long do you think before they give the 3 the axe?

Was hoping for a turbo AWD 3 in manual one day. I can always dream.
God I hope not. The 3 is beautiful, the CX30 is kinda ugly.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD 2.5G
225 Posts
If anything I think they might axe the 3 sedan just like the 6. Then make the 3 hatchback a more niche vechile as another option to those who want a Miata but need more practicality. The Mazda 3 hatchback platform is used is mostly re used for the CX-30 and the new MX-30 I assume shares some parts with it as well since they have the exact same wheel base.

Or maybe that long rumored and talked about concept car with a straight six will replace the 3 and 6 all together as an upper end niche vechile and everyone else will have to get a cross over. At least in the US.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
732 Posts
You forget ... not everything is made to fit the NorthAmercian markets and its streets
and the world has more population that the USA & Canada alone.
2021 Worldwide units sold : 1,286,000 (from Statista , they are a premier market research firm)
Which only 403,000 sold in North America (Canada, USA, Mexico, Latin America)
Axe the the 3 sedan worldwide never... for the US market only maybe.
Everyone thought the Miata would not make it this far ... but with proper promotion and sponsoring
like the worldwide MX5 Cup race series it keeps the demadn high

·
Registered
225 Posts
You forget ... not everything is made to fit the NorthAmercian markets and its streets
and the world has more population that the USA & Canada alone.
2021 Worldwide units sold : 1,286,000 (from Statista , they are a premier market research firm)
Which only 403,000 sold in North America (Canada, USA, Mexico, Latin America)
Axe the the 3 sedan worldwide never... for the US market only maybe.
Everyone thought the Miata would not make it this far ... but with proper promotion and sponsoring
like the worldwide MX5 Cup race series it keeps the demadn high
Yes I didn't clarify but I was speaking mostly for the US/Canada market. The three in other markets is treated like a class or two, or more in other markets in terms of size and feature set.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT hatch
124 Posts
Yes I didn't clarify but I was speaking mostly for the US/Canada market. The three in other markets is treated like a class or two, or more in other markets in terms of size and feature set.
The 3 sedan clearly outsells the 3 hatch -- Mazda may not publish a sales breakdown, but I always see more sedans on dealer lots and on the road that the M3 hatch...so if anything, I'd worry about the hatch more.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The 3 sedan clearly outsells the 3 hatch -- Mazda may not publish a sales breakdown, but I always see more sedans on dealer lots and on the road that the M3 hatch...so if anything, I'd worry about the hatch more.
Sad hatch noises I've been seeing more hatches recently in my area. Getting closer to 50/50. I was the first person to get a hatch from my dealership and didn't see a single hatch on the road for 4 months and when I did it was a completely different part of town. In my area where I live there are now 3 or 4 other hatches within a few mile radius. But I was the only for almost a year and that was kinda nice NGL. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts