2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
*The Electrician*
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pictures of me at autocross this past weekend, and 2 special exotics that came to play, yes that is an Exige Cup and an Alfa Romeo 4C ?

I finally got some good grip too, 225/50/R16's Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. I gotta say these tires are monsters in autocross, its not quite an RE71R but damn if it isn't close. Between the tires and the upgraded rear swaybar its super agile. I managed to put down some solid times and as I adjust to the increased grip and start dialing everything in I will only get faster.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,145 Posts
Yeah, thanks for sharing. You almost got your 3 on 3 wheels. Nicely done!
CK

·
*The Electrician*
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, thanks for sharing. You almost got your 3 on 3 wheels. Nicely done!
CK
If you zoom in on that first pic, it pretty much is on 3 wheels, most of the rubber is up off the contact patch, just not quite the Focus ST tripod yet lol.

·
*The Electrician*
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations Midnightsky228. Looks like you are having BIG FUN!
Thank you ? I'm having an absolute blast. I gotta catch that Focus ST, that's my goal this season, he has some extra power, but I think the rest is pretty close to even. He also has RE71R's but I figure the power and tires gain him an extra second on me and the rest I lost because Im not pushing hard enough and a few mistakes in my lines. Im also taking 2 stabs at my braking points as Im still trying to find that balance of deep enough without going too far and missing my line into the next element.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts