2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just wanted to ask about a couple of issues I've been noticing with my 2015 mazda3 iSport

1. my trunk light (hatchback) does not turn off by itself. my friend's 2014 iTouring's hatchback trunk light turns off after a while when he closes the trunk, but my must manually be turned off. is this an iSport thing?

2. my right parking light (small bulb above the headlight) started blinking and will not stop. any ideas as to why that might have spontaneously happened and how to fix it? (i don't want to buy a replacement bulb if there is another solution out there)

3. i've been noticing dripping sounds on the passenger side of the car after rain. it's not water falling inside the car, but it sounds like something happening within the frame? almost like the clicking sound other people have been hearing on the passenger side. hard to describe, but i was wondering if other people have noticed this as well.

thanks all!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I've been in my '14 iSport hatch now for about a year and have not had a single problem--not even any creaking. Light in my hatch area has a toggle switch for the setting. Hate to say this, but the number of (small, but annoying) problems you describe makes me think you may have gotten a poorly built lemon.... I'd recommend talking to your dealer. At any rate, let us know how things go.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, I can only take a guess at #2 . If the bulb is lighting, but not staying lit, then it's probably a ground problem. You'll have to take a look at the wiring in that area. A wiring diagram will be able to tell you where that ground comes from. However, an even easier thing to try would be to exchange the left/right side parking lights and see if perhaps it is juts the bulb.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey all, just wanted to ask about a couple of issues I've been noticing with my 2015 mazda3 iSport

1. my trunk light (hatchback) does not turn off by itself. my friend's 2014 iTouring's hatchback trunk light turns off after a while when he closes the trunk, but my must manually be turned off. is this an iSport thing?

2. my right parking light (small bulb above the headlight) started blinking and will not stop. any ideas as to why that might have spontaneously happened and how to fix it? (i don't want to buy a replacement bulb if there is another solution out there)

3. i've been noticing dripping sounds on the passenger side of the car after rain. it's not water falling inside the car, but it sounds like something happening within the frame? almost like the clicking sound other people have been hearing on the passenger side. hard to describe, but i was wondering if other people have noticed this as well.

thanks all!
For number 1, are you sure the toggle on the light is set correctly? There's "on", "off", and "door."

For number two, YOUR CAR IS UNDER WARRANTY. Take it to the dealer for these things! This is literally the reason you buy a new car, so you don't have to worry about problems. If it's just flickering on and off, it sounds like a loose bulb to me (a faulty ground would not be as binary).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've noticed some sort of 'dripping' noise as well both during and after rainfall. My noise appears to originate from the driver's side though. It doesn't happen every time it rains and I have not bother to look into it or take it to the dealer as it seems to be an issue that would be difficult to replicate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for your replies. I checked the trunk switch and I only have an on/off option! Am I the only one who doesn't have a "middle" toggle?

I'll access the parking light once winter break comes around to see. I probably should have mentioned that I did replace the bulbs with LEDs a little less than a year ago so it just may be a bad bulb. It does blink on and off at a consistent rhythm. The parking light is such a pain to get to..

Can't say the dripping sounds worry me. It's something that you can't replicate live when you go into the dealer so idk where to go with this in terms of a fix, but was just curious if others had a similar issue.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Thanks all for your replies. I checked the trunk switch and I only have an on/off option! Am I the only one who doesn't have a "middle" toggle?
The switch for the light in the hatch area of my '14 iSport (2.0L) only has "on" and "off" positions--no middle setting.

I presume that the "on" position means the light goes off when the hatch lid is closed, but haven't actually checked if that's true.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The switch for the light in the hatch area of my '14 iSport (2.0L) only has "on" and "off" positions--no middle setting.

I presume that the "on" position means the light goes off when the hatch lid is closed, but haven't actually checked if that's true.
It appears we have the same switch. it may be an iSport thing. I know for sure that the on switch does not turn off the light with the light closed. I've had one of my roommates come home to tell me my trunk light was on hours after I had gotten home (forgot to turn switch off).

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
It appears we have the same switch. it may be an iSport thing. I know for sure that the on switch does not turn off the light with the light closed. I've had one of my roommates come home to tell me my trunk light was on hours after I had gotten home (forgot to turn switch off).
Hmmm, thanks for the warning. Guess I'll have to go and turn my switch to the off position. Wondering how this hasn't killed my battery yet.

·
Registered
241 Posts

Yes your pressumption is correct, trunk light will automatically turn off when you close your trunk/hatch door.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've had one of my roommates come home to tell me my trunk light was on hours after I had gotten home (forgot to turn switch off).
An obvious error would be you did not fully close the trunk/hatch door thats why light is on. And is what your firend saw. Our hatch doors often need a hard thud to fully close, a slow push and it may look fully closed but isnt really.

Not manually turning it off isnt the problem, if thats the case a whole lot of mazda 3 owners would already have dead batteries after a few days of ownership given most would leave the switch to on if you use the trunk/hatch area at night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts