2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to see if anybody else had this problem. Whenever the compressor kicks on for the first time after my car has been sitting around for a long time (usually overnight), it will make a loud grinding noise for about half a second. If I let the car warm up before I turn on the compressor, no grind. I've already brought it to the dealer once and they put more oil in the system and that seemed to have helped for about a week but now it's back to being the way it used to be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i get a weird noise also when i first start it up after the cars been sitting overnight (my a/c is always on). haven't thought much about it since it doesn't last, but maybe i'll have it checked out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have noticed that sometimes when turning on the A/C, there will be a dull "thunk" or thudding type sound. It's not very loud, and I don't think it lasts several seconds. Furthermore, it only happens if I turn on the A/C for the first time within the first few minutes after starting the car. It doesn't happen if I've been driving for a little bit, and it doesn't happen if the A/C is already on when I turn on the car. I haven't thought much of it, but it does seem a little odd.

--Garfield3d

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Perhaps I just have a defective compressor. I just need to wait until I have time in my schedule to drop the car off again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts