2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. So I've been lurking the forums for awhile but my first post. So I've got a '14 MZ3 and earlier this week a huge rock flew into my condenser(NYOOO!). I took it to my dealership to see what we could do and warranty won't cover it and it's a buttload to replace through them. I'm a pretty decent mechanic and I've got some friends who are more knowledgeable than me. So my question is where online can I order an OE Condenser? I plan on just taking care of this myself with some help on a day where I throw on other mods/parts. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hey folks. So I've been lurking the forums for awhile but my first post. So I've got a '14 MZ3 and earlier this week a huge rock flew into my condenser(NYOOO!). I took it to my dealership to see what we could do and warranty won't cover it and it's a buttload to replace through them. I'm a pretty decent mechanic and I've got some friends who are more knowledgeable than me. So my question is where online can I order an OE Condenser? I plan on just taking care of this myself with some help on a day where I throw on other mods/parts. Thanks in advance!
You can try this site they're really popular in the Atlanta area. Mazmart: Your wise choice for Mazda parts. In business since 1980.

Edit: Checked their website myself and found they do sell OE AC parts. Still pricey though...

·
Registered
84 Posts
This was happening a lot with Previous gen Honda Fit and the forum folks (myself included) took some DIY measures to prevent it. On that car, it was pretty vulnerable to road debris and condensers were 700-900 bucks at the time.

Ended up using gutter-guard (plastic mesh) from hardware store as a cheap screen behind the grill. It worked well, I lost 3 fog lights to rocks, but the condenser survived.

It was well worth the few bucks spent and was nearly invisible on my Fit. If you end up doing some protection for yours, I'd be interested to see how it works out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hawk. Just found the website oemmazdaparts.com and they've got them too. Just don't know how credible they are. I just gotta do a lot of research once I get off work hah.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up using gutter-guard (plastic mesh) from hardware store as a cheap screen behind the grill. It worked well, I lost 3 fog lights to rocks, but the condenser survived.
That's ingenious! Hah how long have you been using that that mesh? Any need to replace it periodically? First time this has happened to me with any car I've owned(ofcourse had to be the new one *sigh*) and now I'm a bit paranoid.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's ingenious! Hah how long have you been using that that mesh? Any need to replace it periodically? First time this has happened to me with any car I've owned(ofcourse had to be the new one *sigh*) and now I'm a bit paranoid.
I used it for 5 years without replacing it, still going strong when the car was totaled. It's black and cheap, and easy to attach with black zipties. Total cost was between 5-8 bucks. If you ever need to replace, it's OK, because the mesh comes in rolls, so there are several feet extra per roll. Enough for multiple cars...or gutters :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts