2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, May 31, is the 5th anniversary of the purchase of my 2011 Mazda 3 S-model. I had no intention of keeping this car, or any previous car I've owned more than two years. From the first day I drove it off the dealers lot, the car just felt right. Five years later, there is a minimum of squeaks and rattles even on the roughest of roads. The Velocity Red Mica paint, admittedly garage kept all it's life, still shines like it was new.

Now, let me say this....I've babied this car. Oil and filter changes every 4500 miles. All service schedules have been tightly adhered to, if not done early. Tire balance and rotation every 5,000 miles. It's never seen the inside of a dealership service department as my son is a highly-qualified VW technician and has performed all maintenance work. There has been plenty of road chips in the paint, but through my son I met a paint guy that, for 20 bucks, he goes over the body and repairs/fills in all paint chips every couple of months.

I haven't done alot of modifications. I've shortened the stock shifter about 3/4 of an inch and replaced the stock knob with a 2-1/8 inch round ball. I've added a strut tower brace (CorkSport) and a mid-chassis brace (GTSpec). I bought a used JBR short-shift plate from a member of this forum, and added JBR solid shifter bushings at the same time. A K&N drop-in air filter was added about 2 weeks after I purchased the car. I had a set of rear adjustable camber arms installed when I noticed the rear wheels had too much negative camber at about 38k miles. The last mod was a HID setup about a year ago.

So, 52350 miles later, I'm still in love with this little car. About half the miles have come from road trips. Mileage has been decent, about 23 around town and 31-32 on the road. I'm on my 3rd set of tires, and am looking at new struts and shocks in the very near future. I'm also considering a rear sway bar and additional chassis braces to tighten up things even further.

Would I buy this car again? oh, hell yes....

·
Working Class Hero
3,626 Posts
See? Three dozen happy Mazda owners can't be wrong lol.

That a great story, and nice to read when others are bitching. Mazdas are great little cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts