2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 94 Ford Probe GT rims fit on my '10 3? The specs on the GT rims are as follows:
16" diameter, 7" wide
Hub bore 67.1mm
Offset 40mm
They look like this:

Refinished Ford Probe 1993-1994 16 inch Wheel, Rim OEM | eBay

1. Yes, this is my first post. I know the hub bore is the same, I know the tires I've got now will fit.

2. YES, I did a search. I found close to 35 different posts about 40mm offset rims on a 3, most contradicting each other, and most were for 17, and 18 inch rims.

3. NO, I am NOT going to lower my car EVER. I live in WV with huge potholes and drive on gravel roads with ruts six inches deep in places, so seriously I"M NEVER GOING TO LOWER THIS CAR... (You guys crack me up! I lowered a 95 civic because I could get my fist between the tire and the fender. I can't even get two fingers into that space on my Mazda 3, and you guys want to lower it? lol)

4. A note to haters: In all of the threads I searched (I really did!) it seems that every third one had been "trolled" by some hater saying things like, "Oh that's gay," or, "That will look like shit man," or, "insert your negative comment here--->"
I am 34 years old. I've got a wife, 2 kids, and a mortgage. Unless I hit the lottery, I'm never going to spend $1600 on rims. I've got steelies and plastic hubcaps which I don't really care for. I have good 16 tires with only 30,000 miles. I can get a set of these rims for around $100.00, and that's why I'm asking. I've been modding cars since I was 12 years old. I've been a member of at least 10 car forums ( a mod on a few). and appreciate constructive criticism or actual incite, not negative comments from people who are bored. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Wow bro relax welcome to the forum! And yes it will fit! Any pics of the car? As long as your happy with those rims who cares about others.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
WOW, looks like you put your flame suit on. The Probe wheels will fit and they will be 12mm closer to the outer fender. In other words a little more flush looking.

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! Those wheels ARE heavy, I've owned a few Probes too. My buddy has a set of chrome ones that still look pretty good. Planning on using that Shadow Chrome spray to make them look like black chrome. Just wanted to be positive they fit, as he lives a few hours away, so I can't really test them out before I buy them. I'll throw some pics up eventually...

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Those rims will look better than the stock ones in my opinion. So good luck to you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Will 94 Ford Probe GT rims fit on my '10 3? The specs on the GT rims are as follows:

I live in WV with huge potholes and drive on gravel roads with ruts six inches deep in places, so seriously I"M NEVER GOING TO LOWER THIS CAR...

Another West Virginian! Where in WV you from? I had a Mazda 5 prior to the 3 I have now. And I have a Probe GT. I had the Probe wheels on my 5 once. Didn't really care for how far the wheel pushed out. I did love the 5 wheels on my Probe though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.