2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 80mm exhaust available for the HatchBack out right now!

Don't worry sedans, we will have an 80mm for you to by the end of March!

Go check it out on our website! ( It won't let me post the link here)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello Zack,

Since your around, any news on the turbo for 2014 to 2017 Mazda 3?

Yes I know OT but since we have your ear have to ask.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,491 Posts
Besides being louder, is there any benefit to having this cat-back exhaust system versus the previous cat-back exhaust system?

It's 33% more expensive than the previous cat-back system and double the cost of an axle-back system.

Could you please help justify the price tag?
CK

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fan-boy brand loyalty means that people will buy it for no other reason other than the fact that it exists. That's the only justification that they need. Even if the fabled turbo is 2 years away.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,491 Posts
I hope there's more too it than just that...Like evidence that the current cat and axle-back performance exhausts were causing a bottleneck condition for their turbo application. That would be really good justification to purchase this item versus other ones.

That would also mean they have a working tune for a Skyactiv engine with a turbo installed. Only OVT and ECU Tek have been able to accomplish that so far... So let's see what they have to say.
CK

·
Registered
988 Posts
I agree with @CerealKiller here, there needs to be a justification for buying a product that is 33% more expensive the previous one.

Also false promises happen very often, turbo and headers for the 2.5L have been in development forever, nothing concrete or clear on that area, so why to buy this exhaust with promises that this is future proof where there might actually be no future at all?

Also 2.0L engines are not guaranteed to have a turbo or headers developed, so paying almost 1000$ for 5-7hp is not a great investment IMO especially if future proof mods are not compatible with the 2.0L engine, I would stick with the axle back in that regard.

So my questions to Corksport are: Please define what do you refer as future proof mods, and for which engine are these future proof mods intended to?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts