2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

I'm new here and i've just spent the past hour looking at this car trying to figure out where to run an amp power wire through the firewall, Just some 8 gauge nothing to big. That keeps it on the drivers side.

I have a 2010 MazdaSpeed 3. Cant use the clutch knockout on the automatics because well I have a clutch there. lol Would prefer to not route it through the passenger side behind the glove box because it will pass directly over the turbo and I'm worried about heat. The hood release cable grommet came to mind but it looks like its solid plastic now.

I'm running out of ideas.

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
The hood release cable grommet came to mind but it looks like its solid plastic now.
You'd have to pop it out, push it aside run your wire through and leave it open around the wire, or cut it off and add a grommet. There is a 4 gauge power wire and my alarm siren and hood pin wires running through mine.

**You would need to insulate it as that is a sharp edge that would wear away at it's casing eventually.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no dice with the hood release cable idea just not enough room to work with.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The is a large plastic plug with rubber gourmet on the passenger side, you can see it in the engine bay as well as by pulling back the carpet on the passenger side against the firewall. This is on my car, 10 MS3, I would assume it is the same on a MZ3.

Z

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
The is a large plastic plug with rubber gourmet on the passenger side, you can see it in the engine bay as well as by pulling back the carpet on the passenger side against the firewall. This is on my car, 10 MS3, I would assume it is the same on a MZ3.

Z

That plug is not there on my base sedan, it's all metal, but it could be drilled and grommet added. Not sure if it is a Hatchback thing, or a Speed3 thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i sawthat plug on the passenger side. seems like pain in the ass to snake the wire back and forth throughout the car though. I got my RCA cables and remote wire from the PAC LOC ran to the hatch area and put the car back together... i was able to do it without removing the glovebox

Seen another guy who used the boot by the steering column i may just end up using that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have this plug in my M3 either

I have the 2011 Mazda3 iTouring Sedan and there is just NO places to run amp wire

No plug behind glovebox

Hood release cable spot too small

No spot where clutch goes (have a manual)

I searched up and down, poked and prodded every cable bundle, and found nowhere to run it. Seeing as my car is brand new I REALLY want to avoid cutting through the firewall. Is there anywhere someone had found to run amp cable that will save me from having to drill?

K

·
Registered
42 Posts
any updates on where you ran the amp power cable? I can't find any place to snake mine!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't ran my power wire yet. haven't found a place to run it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
lemme know if you find a place as I will do the same.

This is really frustrating me as well! :argh 1:

I have the 2011 Mazda 3s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys

I got my 8 gauge run through the firewall by going through the hood release cable hole. I know I said above it was too small, but if you pull out the rubber grommet there is plenty of room to run cable through

The only negative- I couldn't get the grommet back on. Still trying to figure out a good way to plug it, but for now I have power to my amp!

K

·
Registered
228 Posts
U could drill a hole in it it shouldn't be too big of a deal since it's plastic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts