2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Okay, I'll change it today. Haha, thanks for the speedy replies!!!

I'm on a 2012 MZ3 Skyactiv at 7.5K miles.

I'm planning on doing my first oil change, but the dip stick reading says I don't need to.

Any ideas what to do?

Clarify: Car has never had an oil change.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
change that out, sooner the better

Reactions: blinsama

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's marked at full when I read the dipstick.

Then I wiped the dipstick down, put it back in, pull it back out, still reads full.

What does "dirty" oil look like? Is dirty black colored, while new "copper/orange" colored?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
You definitely need to change that oil. Especially since it has never had one. This is a lot of junk in that oil that you can't see, from the car getting broken in.

Just because the dipstick reads full oil, doesn't mean the oil is still good. Get it changed every 5k or so.

Reactions: blinsama

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
skip to a few pages forward and it will tell you when to change it by mileage and time

(not sure if OP is serous or trolling)

·
1,577 Posts

Then I wiped the dipstick down, put it back in, pull it back out, still reads full.
Full means your car doesn't burn oil.....not that it doesn't need changing.....

OP is a fucking TROLL

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
Yep u must change it.. Regardless the oil shouldn't look clean at 7.5k miles anyway.. It'll be full yes not not clean..

Your due for an oil change.. Just do it

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
213 Posts

What does "dirty" oil look like? Is dirty black colored, while new "copper/orange" colored?

No offence, but this makes me smile :) I think he wants his engine to burn oil before changing his oil. :)
I do my oil change at every 5k kms (canadian model we go by km not miles) I don't know how many miles maybe 3k.
And if I did alot of driving especially long distance, let say 2 hours drive. I would change the oil at 3k kms.

Keep the oil clean, to keep the dealer/shop/garage away.

·
1,577 Posts
^^^

I do the opposite. I do lots of long distance driving, thus change oil ever 5,000 miles. My other car that does city only, stop and go, which is much harder on the engine, I do 3500 miles

·
Registered
65 Posts
Engine oil is changed more often when the following applies:

1) short trips or stop and go traffic. Why, the engine does not get hot enough in short trips to burn out the humidity. Yes your engine gets moister in it. Stop and Go traffic because sitting still is engine hours.

2) Heavy towing... Because you normally keep the engine wrapped up a little longer at shift points

Change your oil at 5,000 Miles per the owners manual. I think it is Schedule 2

·
Registered
213 Posts
I should do every 3k kms then lol :) or even 2k kms.

·
Zoom-Zoom To Da Crib.
622 Posts
Haven't changed the oil in my Mazda3 in maybe 8,000miles... Synthetic , it needs one today.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Haha, retarded thread should really just be closed.

Reactions: escottb

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I really hope he isn't changing his own oil, after this level of retard haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.