2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just joined this site as i am a new owner of a 2017 mazda 3! First brand new car! With that said, im kinda worried about something and maybe you guys can help me out. Ill try and explain the best i can.

The vehicle shakes/vibrates.
Ive got it down to where i can make it happen whenever i want .
So it only happends when everything all completely warmed up , and if im at a complete stop and let a little pressure off the breaks, just a tiny bit to where the vehicle starts moving the vehicle shakes. Its not like a random ,about to stall kind of shake, more like a constant even vibration that shakes my whole car/body. Push the brake pedal down all the way and it goes away.or release pedal immediately and it doesnt do it. Its almost like my rpms are to low? 500?

Now, if i have the air on it doesnt do it. And i assume thats because the engine is at higher rpms. Maybe like 800 to 900.

Another think ive noticed is when im sitting at a red light for a while and go to release the brakes it doesnt start moving right away. It almost seems as if the are stuck for a split second,car vibrates like explained before ,then once im moving the rpms go back up to around 700 and its fine.

I love the car , but this just makes me a little upset :(

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,578 Posts
Assuming you have an automatic transmission, its probably completely normal. Every auto equipped car I have ever driven vibrated a little bit when the brakes were released just enough to allow the car to move.
If, with only 600 miles on the car, you think there is a problem the best thing to do is let the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay i will have to do that. I was just wanting peoples opinion on it. And yes its an automatic. I just didnt want to go to the dealer ship uneducated . I thought maybe someone would have an idea of it happens to them as well and had it fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Hey everyone,
I just joined this site as i am a new owner of a 2017 mazda 3! First brand new car! With that said, im kinda worried about something and maybe you guys can help me out. Ill try and explain the best i can.

The vehicle shakes/vibrates.
Ive got it down to where i can make it happen whenever i want .
So it only happends when everything all completely warmed up , and if im at a complete stop and let a little pressure off the breaks, just a tiny bit to where the vehicle starts moving the vehicle shakes. Its not like a random ,about to stall kind of shake, more like a constant even vibration that shakes my whole car/body. Push the brake pedal down all the way and it goes away.or release pedal immediately and it doesnt do it. Its almost like my rpms are to low? 500?

Now, if i have the air on it doesnt do it. And i assume thats because the engine is at higher rpms. Maybe like 800 to 900.

Another think ive noticed is when im sitting at a red light for a while and go to release the brakes it doesnt start moving right away. It almost seems as if the are stuck for a split second,car vibrates like explained before ,then once im moving the rpms go back up to around 700 and its fine.

I love the car , but this just makes me a little upset :(

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Hi, I have this vibration too. Do you find answer ?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Hi, I have this vibration too. Do you find answer ?
A brand new car.... questions like vibrations and such should be addressed back to the dealership the car was purchased from. It may only be something normal or an indicator of something needing attention in the early state of drivability. I have a new 2018 Mazda 3 ATX and there are NO vibration as described in this thread even with the M3 we test drove before buying ours. I I am sure I could perform the old Champagne glass(s) on the hood and it would show very little disturbances. :grin2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine does it, I figure it was because the engine is dropping down RPM's and it is fuel efficiency instead of completely turning off the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts