Purchased: Jan 25, 2014
Trim: i Grand Touring (USA spec)
Engine: 2L
Trans: 6speed MT
Color: Blue Reflex Mica
Modifications: Tinted Windows, K&N high flow reusable air filter
Amount spent on repairs: $0.00

Review:
I've rolled pass 60k miles this weekend so its time for an update.
If you havnt read my old review, I wrote one at 36k mile review prior.

Anyways, between my last review and this... ABSOLUTELY nothing went wrong with the car mechanically. It drives like it did at 36k miles. Interior build quality also remained the same, nothing fell off. Car is still very fuel efficient, if im relaxed i can easly get 40+ mpg on the highway with AC.

The only thing that really changed was the infotainment system. with v.55:
-interface is a little snappier
-navigation rendering seems slower
-no crashes yet-turn off screen function doesnt always turn off the screen (clock still shows)
-smart key seems to be more reliable (maybe its in my head)

While the car has been nice to drive, I did get rear ended in stop and go traffic recently. I needed a new bumper, new reinforcement and the C pillar buckled. All were fixed under insurance and still drives well. Replacement bumper didnt seem as nice as the original Mazda even though its OEM. I think the bumper i got was from the Mexican model as the over spray between the painted portions and the black plastic portion of the rear bumper didnt match my original. I looked at a couple of mazda3s, some of the overspray seem to be worst than others. I had a Chevy Malibu as a rental. Everyday i wanted my 3 back as the everything felt like an after thought in the Malibu.

Service History
I usually service the car between 5k and 10k mile intervals. I usually just get oil changes and tire rotations at the dealer Capitol Mazda in San Jose, CA. Service also includes the normal 30point inspection, fluid top off and car wash. Not bad for $65. Recently they raised the price to $88. But, i get 15% off coupons mailed to me fairly often. Air filter i just clean myself. My brake pads are still good. Once i change them, ill probably swap out the tranny oil.
I'll be replacing my tires soon. I am leaning towards some Michelin Premiers.

Anyways, thats all i got to say! Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
damn.. c-pillar bucking in rear ending? that's pretty strong force...

thanks for the report mate. i have same exact model, tran, color, and bought mine around 2013 dec. lol

I only have 18000 miles though. you drive a lot!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn.. c-pillar bucking in rear ending? that's pretty strong force...

thanks for the report mate. i have same exact model, tran, color, and bought mine around 2013 dec. lol

I only have 18000 miles though. you drive a lot!
it was interesting. the 3's bumper didnt pop off the clips! the forester that hit me, was leaking fluids and the bumper fell off. from the looks of things, it looks like the 3's bumper was pretty strong, so the impact pushed the 3's bumper edge against the sheetmetal on the bottom of the c pillar causing the buckle. body shop said the sheetmetal at the c pillar was very thin. i can push the c pillar in myself if i wanted to. try it next time... i was surprised how easily it flex with some pressure.

also i do drive a lot. commute and weekend road trips add up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts