2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

5K oil change-under carriage oiled also?!!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  D-Jack 
#1 ·
OK , so I get my first oil change from dealer(bought the 50k service pkg) and I the next morning I wake up to 2 small oil spots in garage. So I look under car only to find the under body covered in oil. So I jack up the car, remove wheel to get better look, check oil filter and drain plug. Good to go. Not sure where oil is coming from. Suspect spillage.

By now, I am late for work:argh 1:

Go to dealer, they tell me tech spilled oil from removing oil filter and it spilled in the plastic skid plate. By driving it the winds blew oil all over.

Service mgr was very nice and apologized for the mistake and cleaned it up offered free oil change next time and gave me some mazda goodies. Did I mentioned it was his son who did my oil change...

He only removed the access plate under the filter. Another tech said he removes more so that does not happen.

SO make sure you look under your car after oil changes....:detective:

#4 ·
guy must really be a clutz lol. I just did my first oil change myself last week. Only took off the access pannel since that's what its for and didn't spill a drop on the car itself...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.