2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 04-09 hatchbacks came with a storage tray just above the spare tire. My 2010 doesn't have it and I haven't seen it listed as an option for US models. However, I did see a pic of one somewhere, so I'm pretty sure they exist. I think it was a euro-spec or j-spec. There's a chance I might be able to order this if I can find the part number. Has anyone looked into this? I'd really like to have that storage tray for emergency items and stuff.

EDIT: I found the pic. I want this! I'm guessing I'd have to ditch my sub, but I was planning on doing that anyway.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I could see where that would be a very useful accessory. I hope Mazda decides to offer it up for our cars.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I agree. I was surprised to see our 2010 didn't have one as my 2007 did. If they do though, I'm not sure I'd pay extra for that...well...I probably would.

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
I want this as well.....anybody in Europe/Asia have a line on this ??

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
If this is a hatch only option, I'm going to hate all of you guys! That thing looks so convenient! I hope if you guys can get a hold of a JDM for the 5-door, then someone can help the 4-door owners find one too!

·
One 3, one 7, one fun!
178 Posts
Derrick, Derrick... Where would we be without you?

Hi everyone,
Derrick, that's a sweet find. I would get one very likely.
Once again, I don't know how you do it, but you seem to have great ideas and also to find great solutions.
If you hear anything, let me know.
One thing I could do would be to ask my cousins in Italy (please, I know how that sounds...) if they can look into that for me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think there is a group buy brewing! I would love to have one!

·
Registered
750 Posts
If this is a hatch only option, I'm going to hate all of you guys! That thing looks so convenient! I hope if you guys can get a hold of a JDM for the 5-door, then someone can help the 4-door owners find one too!
Hmmm...I wonder if it would be a 5-door only item. Are the trunk floors that much different in size/shape?

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. We still get to get on this and figure out the part number. I tried to get information from japanparts.com but they never replied to me. I'll try again and pester Derrick at Corksport about it as well. If you can think of a way to get the part number, no matter how far fetched, go for it! The worst that could happen is they ignore you or say they don't know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts