2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Once had a friend put KIA badges on his BMW 645 just to mess with people.
Hahaha! That's funny!

I used to drive home around the same time as a guy that put BMW emblem and bades on the back of his Kia. I'm sure he did it to make the car feel fancy though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I was still in college there was a guy in the parking lot who put ferrari badges on his Pontiac Sunfire. Never met the guy, but I appreciated his since of humor.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Got my prototype scuff plates for the rear doors. The detail is pretty good for 3d printed plastic. They're 7.5'' X 2'' so about the same size as the OEM ones. Painting was harder than I thought :surprise:

Starting to work on the front ones which are going to be 24'' long.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shifter knob cover idea for my automatic. Since there are zero 3rd party automatic shifters anywhere.

3D printed wax then cast in metal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm working on a design to replace the rear Mazda.
Nice got any pics? I'd like to work on the exterior too if only I can get my hands on an accurate CAD model. It's impossible to measure the curves on the car without sophisticated equipment

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, that would be pretty cool. If you make a nice one maybe you can start a group buy with your own mold. :laugh2:

Shapeways is also pretty good. I did the math and you can print body kits (multi piece assemblies) comparable to the OEM ones at around 75% of the price. The plastic is porous though so you have to work it to get it to a nice finish.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Finally got my mazda 1up badge after the first one was stolen. I couldn't measure the spherical radius on the shifter accurately so I think I'm just going to hang this one on my rear view mirror.

Material is gold plated stainless steel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts