2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Sport Turbo Premium Polymetal Grey
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

i bought the 3D Maxpider mats from Costco Canada for my 2021 turbo hatch and at first they were great. A few days after owning the car I got the interior leather protection / carpet protection done at Mazda and ever since my mats are extremely slippery. Doesn’t matter the shoes I wear. I didn’t notice this at first when they were new.

does anyone have any tips on how to clean them up and remove whatever protectant they put on it? I tried just got water and scrubbing .. but it doesn’t seem to have made much of a difference . I’m cleaning them again now so once they dry hopefully they will be a bit better.

at this point I’m just considering returning them and purchasing them again or just going to a different brand.. in my old car I had weathertechs and I still have them so I’ve been putting them side by side in the house comprise grip with shoes on and can definitely tell that the 3D don’t grip as well.

if anyone has some tips on cleaning the mats to remove whatever product was used to “protect” them that would be great!

thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,295 Posts
Wash them with Simple Green or citrus cleaner? Never put silicone based protectant on floor mats. Just keep them clean and they will be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts