2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my tranny fluid flushed out. Only $100 at the dealer. But man! Its amazing. shifting ALL my gears feels so much better. I was planning on skipping this so I can save money but my friend told me its worth it. just sharing my experience. :clap:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just changed the trans fluid in our 2011 2.5L hatchback....while the car never had an issue shifting gears, the new fluid makes a world of difference. Even my wife noticed the change.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice! Did they use stock fluid or is there an option to upgrade? Also what dealership? I bought my car at Jeff Haas and thats about an hour drive from my home

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
I just changed the trans fluid in our 2011 2.5L hatchback....while the car never had an issue shifting gears, the new fluid makes a world of difference. Even my wife noticed the change.
How much fluid did you use? Take any pictures?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer did it, so im sure there was no upgrade. I always take my car to Russell and Smith Mazda off 610. A diff dealer told me there is a machine require for flushing vs just draining and refilling. anyone can confirm this? Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dealer did it, so im sure there was no upgrade. I always take my car to Russell and Smith Mazda off 610. A diff dealer told me there is a machine require for flushing vs just draining and refilling. anyone can confirm this? Thanks
I've never heard of a " flush machine" for a manual transmission. There are chemical solvents that are supposed to help flush a manual trans, but I've never used them (I've been driving manual trans, and changing the fluid myself, for almost 42 years). I drive around town running a few errands to heat up the fluid....it drains faster and easier than when it's cold.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never heard of a " flush machine" for a manual transmission. There are chemical solvents that are supposed to help flush a manual trans, but I've never used them (I've been driving manual trans, and changing the fluid myself, for almost 42 years). I drive around town running a few errands to heat up the fluid....it drains faster and easier than when it's cold.
Thanks. Some stupid mazda dealer guy said that just draining and refilling isnt the same as flushing it out. something about it doesnt clean to tubes. But im glad I dont go there then. Trying to rip ppl off. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts