2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm at 30k miles with my 2014 MZ3. Do you guys recommend doing the service at the dealership or doing it at an independent car service garage?

Is this 30k tune up even necessary? Just wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm at 26k miles on my 14' iGT sedan
(bought the car with 25k miles at Carmax)

I just changed out the cabin air filter, wipers, and ordered a new 'dry flow' K&N style air filter for the engine that I'm waiting on.

I'm pissed carmax left those untouched as they were all worn and dirty. At least the car has new tires... and a new oil change.

Brakes and other fluids look OK.

I think at this mileage we have and it being only 2 years old we should be perfectly fine with just swapping out the filters and inspecting everything else...

Perhaps a coolant flush but I think that can be done every 3 years
Maybe the fuel filter also?
I don't even know where it's located in this car

Reactions: Krelsys

·
Working Class Hero
3,653 Posts
My dealer told me if I did my own maintenance I needed to keep detailed records and receipts to keep the warranty gods pleased. So I plan on taking a hard look at the service schedule in the 4000 page owners manual and going that route.

Point being, take a look at what recommended service is.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2015 mazda 3 is at 29000, I would check the cabin filter, your intake filter, if you have a short ram intake, I recommend cleaning it once before every other season.

If the oil changes have been on a good sched, you should be OK.

If you live in a cold place where they put salt on the roads for snow, I would wash the underguards.

the car dealer will most likely highly recommend certain services. See if you have coupons you can use from your email or catalogs they send.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts