2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much does your dealship charge you for 30k major service ?
Also how long does it gonna takes to do the service ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just called the dealer for my 30K maintenance and was quoted $275 and they said it'll take few hours.

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
What do they do for this service that would only cost 100-200$

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Look in your owners manual on the service chart.

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts
This is what the MyMazda.com website says for 30,000 mile service. Not sure if that's worth over $100. Looks like an Inspection, Oil Change and Cabin Air Filter change. https://www.mymazda.com/MusaWeb/pdf/maint_schedules/2010_Mazda3_MS.pdf

Standard Schedule
* If necessary, inspect, repair, clean, adjust or replace Fuel lines and hoses *2 , Brake lines, hoses and connections , Disc brakes , Steering operation and linkages , Front and rear suspension, ball joints and wheelbearing axial play , Driveshaft dust boots
* Lubricate All locks and hinges
* Replace Engine oil , Engine oil filter , Cabin air filter
* Tighten Bolts and nuts on chassis and body

Heavy Duty Schedule
* If necessary, inspect, repair, clean, adjust or replace Engine coolant level , Fuel lines and hoses *2 , Function of all lights , Brake lines, hoses and connections , Brake fluid level , Disc brakes , Tire inflation pressure and tire wear , Steering operation and linkages , Power steering fluid level , Front and rear suspension, ball joints and wheelbearing axial play , Driveshaft dust boots , Washer fluid level
* Lubricate All locks and hinges
* Replace Engine oil , Engine oil filter
* Tighten Bolts and nuts on chassis and body

·
Registered
278 Posts
My dealership may want to charge $200.00 or more including their reccomended services. Doing only maintenance in the owners manual I'd hope to keep it around $100.00. The 30k service is a list of things to check and tighten. Only service would be an oil change if needed and the cabin air filter.
I plan to replace the cabin air filter myself and the engine air filter while I'm at it. The cabin air filter is buried behind the glove box and I'd rather fumble around myself than pay the labor on repalcing it. Engine air filter is only a few buck, easy to change and will effect performance if it's dirty.
2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Maintenance Schedule

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dealer told me they were going to do a fuel injector cleaning. I have a CS SRI installed so the only thing I'm getting done at my service is the fuel injector cleaning. Everything else should be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got my service done today. They actually called me back and said they over estimated the service cost. Previously it was $275 but will only cost $175. They even said during their inspection they found out that one of the rear shock was leaking oil and they'll be replacing it under warranty. I would suggest that it's worth paying alittle extra at the dealership while the car is still under the 3yr/36K mile bumper to bumper warranty for possible warranty repairs.

Reactions: shicobico

·
Registered
61 Posts
My dealer is quoting a lot more than that! This was their email. Total quote was: $529.94 before tax.

Is this bogus? I was thinking of just changing oil and cabin air filter. Do I really need to replace gear oil etc, as this is a pretty high cost. Have it going in for some basic warranty work tomorrow, and want to double check before authorizing any other service.

The full 30K service is a lot more involved that the other services. You completes this service at 30K, 60K, and 90K
The service includes: Basic 30k starts at 299.95 and the full service is $399.95 , both include more in-depth overall inspections, changing the oil, rotating the tires, changing the air filter, changing the brake fluid. Most commonly we perform the full service with also includes the coolant flush. It is the same, one thing to note Mazda does recommend to change the Manual gear oil in the transmission. If so that is an extra $129.99.

·
Registered
219 Posts
They gave me a quote of about $450 last week! I can't remember everything but I know the important ones were oil change, transmission fluid change, coolant, and other things I dont remember. I just got the oil change and said I'd do the rest on my own

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
Well, if the coolant cap says FL-22 i believe it's a 5 or 10 year fill unless it's low or discoloured. FL-22 is expensive to buy.

The gear oil change is probably horribly over-priced. Undo 2 bolts and let it drain, replace bottom bolt and fill with ~3 qts of fluid, replace top bolt. This is for the 6mt only. Automatic is different.

Tire rotation and pressure check... get your normal place to do that, don't pay the dealer for something you might get for free.

From what I remember, the power steering fluid is supposedly a lifetime item. I don't trust lifetime but I don't think it should be bad at 30k miles since it's an electro-hydraulic steering pump vs mechanical hydraulic that runs off a belt.

Brake/clutch fluid... this likes to draw in water. If it's low, top it off. Discoloured, replace it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Why don't people do what Mazda recommends in the owners manual? *

I just got home from my "30k service" and doing what Mazda recommends I paid $51. Yeah my dealer has those "package deals", they have learned over 7 oil changes to not even bother with the upsell on me as I just respond kindly that I will do what the owners manual says to do.

*Disclaimer*

I understand Mazda also wants to promote a low cost of ownership so some items are omitted. For example my 2 German cars recommended flushing the brake fluid every 2 years - I will follow that on my Mazda. I will ride all the other fluids out until at least 100-120k.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer recommended an automatic transmission fluid flush at 35k miles. They showed me my fluid was dirty and what clean fluid was supposed to look like. Nowhere in the manual does it say automatic transmission fluid should be changed, nor inspected. Should I have it flushed??

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
My dealer recommended an automatic transmission fluid flush at 35k miles. They showed me my fluid was dirty and what clean fluid was supposed to look like. Nowhere in the manual does it say automatic transmission fluid should be changed, nor inspected. Should I have it flushed??
I would change it but not flush. I heard flushing can do a lot of damage to the transmission. I don't think you need to change it now though. Maybe later at like 60k?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts