2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
587 Posts
That is good to hear. Thanks for sharing.

With my new job, I'm driving 5k miles yearly. It'll take me forever to get anywhere near your numbers.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That is good to hear. Thanks for sharing.

With my new job, I'm driving 5k miles yearly. It'll take me forever to get anywhere near your numbers.
Right there with ya...I do about 10k a year if I don't do any trips and any trips I do are usually short and in-state. Currently a tank of gas lasts me between eight days and two weeks.

·
Super Moderator
587 Posts
Right there with ya...I do about 10k a year if I don't do any trips and any trips I do are usually short and in-state. Currently a tank of gas lasts me between eight days and two weeks.
I get 3-4 weeks out of a tank!

·
1 Posts
Bought this car February 24, 2014 and with no major issues she surpassed the 300k mile mark. She’s been a great car and just thought I’d share. Yes she’s a Japanese built. lol View attachment 273659 View attachment 273660 View attachment 273661 View attachment 273662
Bought this car February 24, 2014 and with no major issues she surpassed the 300k mile mark. She’s been a great car and just thought I’d share. Yes she’s a Japanese built. lol View attachment 273659 View attachment 273660 View attachment 273661 View attachment 273662
Thanks for sharing that shraderade. What were your intervals for brake jobs (pads + rotors), calipers, tyres?

·
Registered
1 Posts
300k miles = 480k km. Fantastic numbers! Z6?
What is your average speed and 'fuel cunsuption/100miles'?
That info will allow to figure out your motohours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
i'm in california, and something similar, my daily driving averages from 145 to 240 miles a day. Though, my average has been 32-33mpg with the 18 inch wheels. I did drop a little .3mpg when I went from 215-45-18 to 225-45-18, but the road noise got better as did the ride along with a much wider selection of cheaper tires.
That’s awesome man. Really good information to know on the tire size. Just curious what your oil change schedule is like? And what brand has been your go to?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks for sharing that shraderade. What were your intervals for brake jobs (pads + rotors), calipers, tyres?
I have been changing brakes every 60k miles and I replace the rotors or turn them during every change. Tires, I’ve been using Falkin brand or however it’s spelled. Lol.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That’s awesome man. Really good information to know on the tire size. Just curious what your oil change schedule is like? And what brand has been your go to?
I've been using Liquimoly 2208 0W-20 Special Tec AA Motor Oil, 5 L with a fram Gold filter as of late. It's solid for the 15-20k mile oil changes. Plus the 5L jug is perfect size for refilling the motor with oil. Look at the reviews on amazon, plenty of Mazda owners who love it. I try never to exceed 20k but I've done it on more than 1 occasion.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have been changing brakes every 60k miles and I replace the rotors or turn them during every change. Tires, I’ve been using Falkin brand or however it’s spelled. Lol.
I still have the original front brakes at 210k. I keep thinking any day now they are gonna squeal like a banshee. But they keep going.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I've been using Liquimoly 2208 0W-20 Special Tec AA Motor Oil, 5 L with a fram Gold filter as of late. It's solid for the 15-20k mile oil changes. Plus the 5L jug is perfect size for refilling the motor with oil. Look at the reviews on amazon, plenty of Mazda owners who love it. I try never to exceed 20k but I've done it on more than 1 occasion.
Awesome. I will definitely check it out. I get 20k out of the Mag1 But I’m open to changing it up. Except my oil filter. I’m a firm believer in that brand. Which I believe we use the same

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is it safe to say that if your mileage is primarily done off the highway (stop/go, gridlock), that your Oil change intervals would be far less than say 15-20k miles?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Is it safe to say that if your mileage is primarily done off the highway (stop/go, gridlock), that your Oil change intervals would be far less than say 15-20k miles?
My oil change intervals would be different if I didn’t travel interstate primary.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I still have the original front brakes at 210k. I keep thinking any day now they are gonna squeal like a banshee. But they keep going.
Wife's car doesn't nearly have as many KM's but she too has already gone through a full set of rear rotors/pads at 80,000k KM ~ 50k miles.. kinda silly.
50/50 highway and gridlock on the same highway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I changed the oil every 20k miles with Mag1 full synthetic, fram ultra guard oil filter. I use the K&N air filter I clean every 50k miles. I got 200k miles out of my factory plugs but I get 90k from the NGK I use now. Having a good battery is essential. I have the DCT so when the battery gets low(by the way with no warning) the car will go into safe mode. Checked the battery after 2 years and was reading 10.6 volts. So the transmission control module didn’t have enough power and couldn’t communicate to the ECM. That was a awful experience on the interstate at 80 mph. Wheels suck. I got the 18s and the slightest pothole and you are guaranteed to bend/warp a wheel. I’ve also replaced the tie rods at 200k and the front struts along with the rear shocks every 120k which I’m replacing again this weekend. That’s really it. When they say low cost of ownership with this car they really meant it. Still good power out of the 2.5l. Also the belts at 150k. Hope that information helps y’all in any way.
Thanks for the Interval Information I have a 2016 Mazda3 iTouring 2.0 and I use the same ultra synthetic oil and filter. I am at 84k.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Gday m8 just wondering about your brakes ..twice already ...Is this normal wear ?
First rear set went at 29k, second rear set went around 95k, and I'm still on the third set. Fact is that these cars are known for having rear brakes where one side will wear out way before it should. I have the original front brakes. Seriously, if you've had cars for any real period of time. 30k was a little early for brakes, but getting 90k plus out of a set of pads is amazing. Used to be I'd get maybe 50-60k out of my brakes. Getting 95k is just downright amazinzing. a

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a 2013 Corolla and I changed the front pads @ 175000kms and the back I didnt change them when I sold it @ 188000kms
The reason I was given on the rear brake pads wear was that the current car is constantly using the rear brakes as part of VDC
Mine has currently 60000kms and will change them soon But I replaced rotors and pads at front on 50000kms
Wanted better stopping power and had more than 60% left ....My bad

41 - 60 of 83 Posts