2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I returned to the dealer again this Saturday to work on my Infotainment system. For the first time I signed a paper for a $30 charge to Mazda for updates. Thought I would pass this info along. Mazda might be more motivated now that there paying for the updates.

Seems to be working better now. Navigation is noticeably quicker. I'm using Nav everyday now to test it's reliability. I will not be doing a road trip again for a few weeks, this has been when I've had the most problems.

Update.. The $30 was charged to MAZDA not me.. First time I've had to sign that paper?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the paper that shows "performed infotainment update to 31.0". no charge.
It was supposed to have been 31.0 the last time I went to the dealer. After calling and complaining it did not fix anything, they said come back they can try something new. I don't know all of what they did but I will see if it holds up on my long drives and report back. Crashing Nav is not acceptible.

But they had an additional paper for $30 they had me sign that is charged to MAZDA. In fact I was worried I might be billed and wrote that "it was to be paid by Mazda not responsible for charges" The girl smirked at me when I did it. F'm don't trust em.

see update above!!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
So basically the dealership is charging Mazda Corp for the labor involved with doing your update? Nice! Yea that definitely will either get Mazda off their ass to fix this ASAP or they will simply decline the charges and force the dealerships to update for free, as they've been doing all along.

Of course if the dealership is paying the tech each time they mess around with the infotainment system, the dealership ends up losing money each time, and with so many updates coming out since the car hit the market, that's a lot of CASH!

I've had mine for about 3 months and there have already been over 10 system updates! Thankfully I didn't go to the dealership each and every time and went from V20 to V29 just recently but 10x system updates multiply by all the Mazda 3's sold = a ton of cash being lost by the dealerships because Mazda can't get the damn system to function properly. :thumbdown 1: :nono:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Anything done to new cars, under warranty, is always back charged to the auto maker. Otherwise, the dealers would never touch a new car. They'd go bankrupt with all the freebies.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some people on this website had posted that the Infotainment updates was done for free at the dealer and Mazda did not pay the dealer. I think it was a misunderstanding. Now this was my 5th or 6th time I went to the dealer for problems and the very first time they asked me to sign 2 different papers. One showing $30 charge to MAZDA.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There's no such thing as free at a dealer. It may be no charge to you as a customer but if anything is done to your car someone will be getting charged for it, be it one of the departments of the dealer, or the corporate office. As long as you don't have to pay for it consider it a win.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts