2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today marks the 3rd year anniversary with my sGT, bought it on Columbus day 2013 :) It's been a great 3 years and I still love getting in and driving it every single day. It's my first mazda and I've wanted a mazda3 ever since I had one as a rental back in 2009. It's been a while since I've had a car I love this much. I still remember for the first year or so after getting the car there were barely any 3rd gen mazda3's around so it was pretty nice being one of the few first ones around. I would see one or two every month or so lol This car turned a lot of heads wherever I went. I had people taking pictures of my car when it was getting tinted, and people asking me about it at gas stations and home depot lol Still, even recently some random guy was snapping pictures of my car while I was out at dinner. Wonder if it's someone on here or the fb group? Well none the less, it's one of the more better looking compact cars out there for sure.

Anyways, I didn't do much to the car during the first year or so until I started seeing more and more third gens so I started making little changes here and there just to differentiate myself from the rest. I remember first seeing a few white hatches around my neighborhood so I decided to get the OEM gunmetal rims so it won't be the same as the other cars lol

This car has been a blast to drive since day one. Even though there were some annoyances, like the HUD not coming up at times and the annoying ticking sound from the a pilar, it didn't stop me from enjoying this car. Those were my two major issues so after getting those fixed, the car has been a dream to drive. Also glad I got the extended warranty for this car since I plan on keeping it for at least 7-8 years. Used the warranty to replace the HUD since it past my original warranty by a couple thousand miles when I finally had enough of it lol Other than that, the car has been very reliable. I recently changed the battery, tires, HUD and now the car feels like new again.

Overall, not much to complain about this car. It looks great, drives great and has great gas mileage. You know you got the right car when after you park you keep looking back admiring the car as you walk away haha

Here's the day (or should I say night) I got the car, felt like just yesterday.

Here it is as of now...

I'm almost done personalizing my car, just waiting for a rear lip and then I'll be done for a while. Looking forward to many more years with this car :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too fell in love with the Mazda after renting one.
I was in Germany for a three month stretch and I had a '14 Hatchback in black with the 6mt, I put over 11,000km on it. Then, while shopping around for a new car earlier this year I remembered how much I loved that thing over there.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can very well relate. Got mine mid '14 & it still feels like day 1....that was my 1st Mazda, loved & kept....this, the 2nd...:)
Nice! Those wheels match the car too! I'm probably going to stick with Mazda again for my next car :D very excited to see the 4th gen mazda3. Probably by the time I get a new car it'll be the 4.5th gen. Gonna either get another 3 or see how the new 6 will be. Hopefully they'll have more power by then (turbo) :nerd:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks Great

I love what you did to your 3, looks great. I am wanting to do some of the same styling cues to my 2016 SGT titanium Flash. Where did you get the side skirts and front spoiler. I am sure you got it over seas. If you want to pm me about the cost of the kit and how long it took to get and what steps you did to get them. I am been looking at a few kits but to scared to order one from oversea and not getting it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice 3! what did you do to get rid of that ticking noise in the pillars??? I just hit the one year mark when this started happening. :(

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love what you did to your 3, looks great. I am wanting to do some of the same styling cues to my 2016 SGT titanium Flash. Where did you get the side skirts and front spoiler. I am sure you got it over seas. If you want to pm me about the cost of the kit and how long it took to get and what steps you did to get them. I am been looking at a few kits but to scared to order one from oversea and not getting it.

Thanks
Thanks :) I sent you a PM. Ordering stuffs from overseas just takes a long time to receive. So far everything went smoothly.

Nice 3! what did you do to get rid of that ticking noise in the pillars??? I just hit the one year mark when this started happening. :(
Here's the link to what I did to get rid of the noise, hope this helps. Dealer wasn't able to fix it for me after multiple tries.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ved-dreaded-passenger-dash-ticking-sound.html

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats lowincash! I remember back when I went you as one of the first members with the new 3gen MZ3. Funny I got my car around the same time. I still love mine and more than ever now that I have done some mods that have "awakened" the car.

I've really babied mine as I only have 11k miles! Just waiting to install my Bilsteins and Racingbeat springs and add the OEM rear lip and some new rims and tires later this year

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats lowincash! I remember back when I went you as one of the first members with the new 3gen MZ3. Funny I got my car around the same time. I still love mine and more than ever now that I have done some mods that have "awakened" the car.

I've really babied mine as I only have 11k miles! Just waiting to install my Bilsteins and Racingbeat springs and add the OEM rear lip and some new rims and tires later this year
Wow that's very little miles on the car lol I really want to lower my car too. My dad isn't very mobile and he already has a hard time getting in/out of my car so can't lower it much :(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wow that's very little miles on the car lol I really want to lower my car too. My dad isn't very mobile and he already has a hard time getting in/out of my car so can't lower it much :(
According to the RacingBeat website, their springs are meant for real performance not aesthetics. RB placed drivability over the "slammed" look. The drop on the RB springs are quoted as 0.75" front and 0.5" rear. I purchased the Bilstein B6 non-lowered dampers to pair with them. I did't want a major drop just an increase in the performance of the suspension. These might be an option for ya? :)

Jim Mederer, Racing Beat's co-founder and chief engineer, offers the following insight to Racing Beat's philosophy on suspension spring development:

"Springs are very much a mater of opinion, we adjust ride height and spring rate based more than any other thing on our personal opinion. We won't 'slam', or excessively lower a car strictly for appearance sake. First the car will hit the bump rubbers far too often and that makes the car unpredictable in its handling, also it offers a jarring ride and it is very harsh on suspension components causing them to potentially fail. We therefore make relatively small changes in ride height, usually less than 1". We adjust that based in part on what we perceive the best way of adjusting for good handling. Our primary goal in lowering the car is handling, and from our point a view, improved appearance is a side benefit. We don't lower the car for appearance, and then take what comes in handling. We are very cautious to not excessively lower the car such that it will cause perceived problems either in safety or unreasonable changes in ride comfort."

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
According to the RacingBeat website, their springs are meant for real performance not aesthetics. RB placed drivability over the "slammed" look. The drop on the RB springs are quoted as 0.75" front and 0.5" rear. I purchased the Bilstein B6 non-lowered dampers to pair with them. I did't want a major drop just an increase in the performance of the suspension. These might be an option for ya? :)

Jim Mederer, Racing Beat's co-founder and chief engineer, offers the following insight to Racing Beat's philosophy on suspension spring development:

"Springs are very much a mater of opinion, we adjust ride height and spring rate based more than any other thing on our personal opinion. We won't 'slam', or excessively lower a car strictly for appearance sake. First the car will hit the bump rubbers far too often and that makes the car unpredictable in its handling, also it offers a jarring ride and it is very harsh on suspension components causing them to potentially fail. We therefore make relatively small changes in ride height, usually less than 1". We adjust that based in part on what we perceive the best way of adjusting for good handling. Our primary goal in lowering the car is handling, and from our point a view, improved appearance is a side benefit. We don't lower the car for appearance, and then take what comes in handling. We are very cautious to not excessively lower the car such that it will cause perceived problems either in safety or unreasonable changes in ride comfort."
Ah okay, for some reason I got it mixed up with the CS ones. I didn't like the CS springs because they were so low. Just a subtle drop would be enough for me so RB sounds good. I'll go with either RB or eibach prokits and Koni FSD's. I'll be doing some more research when it comes time to lower the car, probably some time next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts