2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received February issue of Automobile magazine and they had 10 winners of their 2010 All Stars and our 3 was among the group. I would add that we share some pretty good company...Porsche, Audi, Jaguar and a couple of BWM's. They gave kudos to all levels of the 3, but did say their favorite was the Speed. Let the praise flow!! :clap:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Sweet!!! Hooray for us and our bad-ass cars!!!:clap:

·
Registered
51 Posts
The car is getting high marks in a lot of the magazines. Looks like Mazda improved on the old design, though not everyone like the front end.

We are enjoying our Ms3GT and just finished a few holiday road trips. I drove around 80 the whole way back from my sisters in DFW area. I'm itching to see what kinda mileage we got.

Our car's got 2000 miles on it now. I'm still learning what all the buttons on the console are for though.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The car is getting high marks in a lot of the magazines. Looks like Mazda improved on the old design, though not everyone like the front end.

We are enjoying our Ms3GT and just finished a few holiday road trips. I drove around 80 the whole way back from my sisters in DFW area. I'm itching to see what kinda mileage we got.

Our car's got 2000 miles on it now. I'm still learning what all the buttons on the console are for though.
your car keeps track of your mileage. toggle through the displays to see it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
your car keeps track of your mileage. toggle through the displays to see it.
The average on the display for our first 2004 miles of driving is like 25 MPG. Going out to DFW from Lubbock TX we averaged 30 MPG. I kept the speed around 75 going out there. Coming back I kept the speed around 85 and we paid big time averaging 23 MPG. I think there might have been a head wind though and that always makes a massive difference on mileage.

So, to be honest, I am not impressed with the HWY mileage. At an average of 85 MPH over our standard DFW trip it's worse than the old V6 Camry by 3 MPG. Downside to having a smaller engine I guess. It seems the car is most efficient at 65 MPH. Need a lower final drive, or to do the speed limit. :blush 1:

City Mileage looks like it's going to be around 24 though and that is our bread and butter.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The average on the display for our first 2004 miles of driving is like 25 MPG. Going out to DFW from Lubbock TX we averaged 30 MPG. I kept the speed around 75 going out there. Coming back I kept the speed around 85 and we paid big time averaging 23 MPG. I think there might have been a head wind though and that always makes a massive difference on mileage.

So, to be honest, I am not impressed with the HWY mileage. At an average of 85 MPH over our standard DFW trip it's worse than the old V6 Camry by 3 MPG. Downside to having a smaller engine I guess. It seems the car is most efficient at 65 MPH. Need a lower final drive, or to do the speed limit. :blush 1:

City Mileage looks like it's going to be around 24 though and that is our bread and butter.
Most cars are geared to try to encourage people to obey the laws and drive the speed limit! Off topic, but I heard the cops in Texas are real tight with the speed limit and real good about giving high tickets, is this correct?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Most cars are geared to try to encourage people to obey the laws and drive the speed limit! Off topic, but I heard the cops in Texas are real tight with the speed limit and real good about giving high tickets, is this correct?
Why yes, yes quite correct. Don't sped in Texas, unless I'm following a safe distance behind you. Then you can be my rabbit. :clap:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Texas cops are extremely strict, and due to the extremely high cops to people ratio in many parts of this state, they have nothing better to do and just wait for eager drivers!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Why yes, yes quite correct. Don't sped in Texas, unless I'm following a safe distance behind you. Then you can be my rabbit. :clap:
No thanks!!! I can't afford any more tickets, although I haven't gotten one in the 3 yet!!! *knock on wood*

Texas cops are extremely strict, and due to the extremely high cops to people ratio in many parts of this state, they have nothing better to do and just wait for eager drivers!
That sucks, it seems like Texas would be a good place to drive, except for the above!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just received February issue of Automobile magazine and they had 10 winners of their 2010 All Stars and our 3 was among the group. I would add that we share some pretty good company...Porsche, Audi, Jaguar and a couple of BWM's. They gave kudos to all levels of the 3, but did say their favorite was the Speed. Let the praise flow!! :clap:
I do agree for the value our 2010 Mazda is a great car. Still glad I did not pay 2x or 3x for something else. However, I bet the reviewers did not have the car long enough to see paint quality/value. I just did Second polish / wax of my Hatch and after 3 months have found at least 5 small paint chips already.

These do not seem like chips from anything hitting car, but just little tiny bits that just chip off. Most are about same tiny size. Almost seems like a defect to me.

So part of tha mone I did not spend on more expensive car will go to keeping paint well sealed and protected as these chips keep coming.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will say this is one of the best all around cars I've driven, especially for the money. No it's not the fastest in a straight line, but you just can't beat the decent acceleration, excellent handling, great ride, features and looks for the price you pay!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts