2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellow internet humans.

I have a Mazda 3, 2.0 2007 with a corksport CAI.

1. Ive been having issues with a dodgy Maf sensor or throttle body recently or so i thought, after alot of struggling and troubleshooting i noticed the black wire on the 5 pin harness for the Maf has broken, suspiciously the break looks aweful clean **sighs in mysterious**about half an inch away from the main harness -_-
Im unsure how to tackle this and have very little experience in soldering or crimping.
Is this a thing thats been seen often? Ive seen forums stating about splicing a new harness. Again, it would be a fairly new experience to do.

Any advice is appreciated!

Nice one.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It looks like you have just enough space to strip 1/4" of insulation from each end of the broken wire, and crimp on a butt splice connector. I'd recommend using a marine grade connector, which is designed to inhibit water intrusion and corrosion. You'll want to use the correct size splice for the particular wire gauge.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
On the other side you should be able to peek in and see the tabs that are holding the metal terminal in place. If you can release it and remove it that will make things much easier to solder and put back together.

Id also be willing to bet that if you brought it to an aftermarket accessories place, they’d probably fix it for you. Probably have to pay something but probably not too much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one guys! Sorry for the late reply. It worked a treat, 2 x 2 terminal adapters and a and an extra inch of cable and it worked a treat. Onto the next small issue :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts