2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
VTRRBear
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I just purchased my 2nd Mazda 3 (my first was a 2004 model 5 door in Lava Orange Mica), but my most recent purchase is a 2014 Soul Red 3s GT. I LOVE everything about the car, EXCEPT for the fact that I can't get my iPod to load it's 5000 songs very well. It seems to reset and have to reload every time I restart the car, and even after it loads, if I use voice commands to try to get it to play artist, album, etc., it always replies "USB Unavailable." ???

Other than that, it's the most incredible car I've ever owned! It is even doing pretty good on our snowy roads here in VT with it's OEM Dunlop all season tires on it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome sir. I know that the MazdaConnect system in the 2014 6 had some real issues synching with iPod and whatnot, taking up to 15 minutes to import everything every time the car was turned off. The system in the 3 is supposed to be a newer version though and have mostly alleviated that issue. My first suggestion would be to remove a good number of the songs from your iPod temporarily to see if it will synch up properly without all those songs on board. If it does, it might simply be a limitation of the system. If it still won't synch up properly, I'd definitely take it back to the lot to have them look at it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear you're enjoying your car. Wish I could help with the apple integration stuff, I'm sure theres plenty of knowledgeable folks around.

the 2.5 really has some power. I enjoy driving mine spiritedly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I took mine out in the snow yesterday (only about 2 inches, absolutely tame compared to most of our snowfalls this winter) and was very pleased with how it handled. Only had one instance of slippage, and that was accelerating from a stop light on a slight upslope, and the car regained composure pretty easily after.

Contrast that to my best friends 2013 Focus ST. He couldn't figure out why it was so terrible on snow, then we realized it came with summer performance tires rather than all-weather tires. Oh lord that thing is a complete joke on those tires, to the point where I wouldn't even consider driving it like it currently is, but he's resisting the winter snow tire swap even though it's the only intelligent thing to do at this point.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the same car...it's wonderful. Check out the posts on the infotainment system in the electronics section. What version are you running? You may need to update. I have v25. v27 is the latest version but it's not showing up for me to have it installed according to my VIN number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts