2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, and luckily its not like "mazda is recalling 25000+ vehicles becuase all 4 wheels will fall off simultaneously at highway speeds"

·
1,239 Posts
Recall Alert: Mazda Recalls 25,000+ 2010 Mazda 3s

Mazda has issued a recall for 25,400 2010 Mazda 3s due to a possible electrical system short circuit caused by improper clearance between the engine harness and starter motor housing. The recall is set for May 6, 2009 and you can contact Mazda directly with any questions at 1-800-222-5500.

Learn more about the recall by visiting the full story here: Recall Alert: Mazda Recalls Over 25,000 2010 Mazda 3s | Mazda3Revolution.com

·
1,239 Posts
Yeah it looks like it may have been a factory assembly error. It's not TOO big of a deal but their biggest concern seems to be that if the short circuiting does happen that it'll cause an accident.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah it looks like it may have been a factory assembly error. It's not TOO big of a deal but their biggest concern seems to be that if the short circuiting does happen that it'll cause an accident.
that's right. if cuase an accident, it need take serious action.

·
1,239 Posts
The 2010 Mazda 3 has been selling well given the market but this recall includes 2010 Mazda 3s sitting on dealer lots as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just asked our dealer before we took delivery of it and he said they have an intern note (no TSB yet) to do that "recall" during the PDI of all 2010 MZ3.

So we won't have to go back to the dealership to get it done!

·
1,239 Posts
Very good news, I'm sure a lot of would be Mazda 3 buyers were a little nervous after the first recall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When i read about the recall a month ago when i just bought my 2010 mazda 3, i was surprised. When i called the dealer. They were also quite surprise too that i knew about the recall. They said that i was the first one to report it. After that they replaced/modified the harness and since then it has been running much better than when i bought it.

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
It was just a clip. It took less than half and hour to complete.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Easiest and quickest way is to call the dealer and ask them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post, had to be on recalls
My car is a '10 5door s. The wire harness and computer software update was done at the final prep before I picked it up . Any idea what the computer thing was?
My car had 1.3 miles on it when I picked it up. How is that possible? Off the assembly line to the ship, off the ship, to the storage lot, to the dealer etc. The computer up date, MSP23 (I think it was) must have reset everything.

·
Registered
227 Posts
A computer update doesn't change the mileage on the car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts