2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all... So I had an accident (side swiped by an 18 wheeler) and need to replace a wheel and tire. Figured I'd make some lemonade out of lemons; pick up some wheels off Craigslist instead of getting another OEM steel wheel.
The wheels I'm looking at are 18x8 with 50mm offset and tires are Continental Extreme Contact DW 245/45/18. I understand my speedo will be off by about 3mph @ 60mph.
However, I'm not sure if the tires will be too wide and/or tall?
If it will fit at stock height, what about with a mild drop on Eibach prokit?

·
Registered
108 Posts
My tires are 235/45r18 and my rims are 18x8.5 with a 45mm offset and its a perfect fit in my opinion. Tires are flushed with the fenders, rims are flushed too with the tire and dont stick out. IMO i think this is the limit before you start scraping with a wider tire. And theres gonna be a very noticeable wheel gap:laugh2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just picked up the wheels and tires and to my surprise, the seller made an error in listing it as 245/45. It's actually 245/40, so it's 0% difference from my stock tire diameter/circumference. Awesome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My priority is to get myself another motorcycle, so I don't plan on doing much to this car.
- RB springs
- RB exhaust
- ground effects kit
- replace these ASA AR1 wheels with Enkei PF01 wheels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts