2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm looking at getting some new tyres Goodyear Eagle F1 on my 2010 mazda 2.2 diesel. I dunno about everywhere else but in the UK getting 205/50/17 really limits your choice of tyres so I am thinking of putting 225/45/17 on but a lot of garages are refusing to fit them as saying they will mess gearing up or may rub etc. Can anyone on here say from experience if they are ok to fit on the standard 17x7 oem alloys with standard ride height? Have tried Uk forum but not as many users as this site due to it not being a very common car here.
Thanks a lot
Phill

·
Registered
411 Posts
I can't see anything wrong with those tires. Goodyear says that those tires will fit on 7 inch wide wheels, there is only a .39% difference in the size and they will only be about a half inch wider on each side so I doubt it will rub.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm running 225/45 17 winter tyres on stock rims without any problem, don't worry about rubbing, with stock suspensions and rims there's a lot of space ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
lol yeah for 225/45/17 to be a problem you would to at least be lower by 2 inches

1 - 5 of 5 Posts