2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery died for some reason (maybe me leaving something on overnight) Called CAA and dude battery jumped it. After he left I notice both left & right signals, emerg. flasher and the Heater fan not longer worked.
I looked under the hood today (Superbowl Sunday) every fuse was good.
If anyone has a reason for this today please advice. Going to Crappy-tire tomorrow otherwise. Hard to drive in -40 weather with no defrost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New here, so do not know how to edit this post. So... forget to mention the signals flash real fast but all the bulbs work ??

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I doubt the battery will help. This is an electrical problem, not an electronic problem.

Check your fuses again. You may have one that is damaged or blown but appears fine. Check the owners manual. It tells you what fuse powers what equipment. Hard to believe, but its true!

If you care about your car even slightly, please don't go to crappy tire. That's where mechanics go to die from stupidity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike C is the winner. All fuses were good. Next step: disconnect the battery for 10 minutes... BINGO
Heater fan all signals, high beam came back to life.. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mike C is the winner. All fuses were good. Next step: disconnect the battery for 10 minutes... BINGO
Heater fan all signals, high beam came back to life.. Thanks
I had the same issue after replacing a dead battery. Fuses were fine. Disconnected the electrodes for almost exactly ten minutes and everything appears to be back to normal. I am wondering if for some reason temperature is a factor. Not -40F but it was a pretty cold day here in Maine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts