2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any news on what the 2022 model might bring or when it will be available? I am wanting to get one with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have not heard of any details yet. The 2022 model year is normally when we would expect to see a mid-cycle update. So we could see changes to each of the trims as well as some interior/exterior changes.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda3 Sedan Premium AWD (April 2019 Japan build)
330 Posts
Any news on what the 2022 model might bring or when it will be available? I am wanting to get one with a manual transmission.
Can you still get a manual transmission on a 3? If not, they won't be bringing it back.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The production start-up dates for all 2022 Mazda US models (save the CX-30 and 3) have been announced. Some of these dates are as late as Dec 21.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can you still get a manual transmission on a 3? If not, they won't be bringing it back.
My 2021 Premium Hatchback was, as I remember it, the only M3 model/trim available with a manual trans in 2021. My dealer had in stock the exact paint color, interior color, and manual trans that I would have ordered, and I bought it on the spot after a short test drive.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I posted a similar thread a few months ago and remember someone stating around November they would start producing 2022 models. Probably announce them in September or October.
My thoughts on changes.
1. Smoother suspension.
2. Heated steering wheel on higher models.
3. Rear air vents
4. More sound proofing
5. Small upgrade to the stereo system
6. Slightly different front and rear bumper
7. Praying they get rid of cylinder deactivation on the AWD sedan models like they have done for Canada.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT hatch
148 Posts
I posted a similar thread a few months ago and remember someone stating around November they would start producing 2022 models. Probably announce them in September or October.
My thoughts on changes.
1. Smoother suspension.
2. Heated steering wheel on higher models.
3. Rear air vents
4. More sound proofing
5. Small upgrade to the stereo system
6. Slightly different front and rear bumper
7. Praying they get rid of cylinder deactivation on the AWD sedan models like they have done for Canada.
Both Turbo models already include a heated steering wheel. The stereo already sounds great, so not sure why'd they would do anything more there...I'd say they could benefit from enhancing the steering feel to be a little closer to the more lively rack on the Gen 3 models. I do agree the front and rear bumpers will likely mirror the Kodo evolution we'll be seeing in the new CX-5 (CX-50?) and the new 6.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My bet is a small bump in MSRP and delivery!

2021 saw the introduction of Turbo and Base 2.0 trims in the US along with a small shuffling of packages (moonroof/Bose). Given the low demand for smaller cars, is there any guarantee of a mid-cycle refresh at all?

·
Registered
226 Posts
My bet is a small bump in MSRP and delivery!

2021 saw the introduction of Turbo and Base 2.0 trims in the US along with a small shuffling of packages (moonroof/Bose). Given the low demand for smaller cars, is there any guarantee of a mid-cycle refresh at all?
Any update to Mazda3 would also be applied to the CX-30 so there is certainly enough demand for an update. Also, with the introduction of the new FWD CX-5 this fall there is the chance that Mazda will update the 2.5l engine especially since it would seem to be slightly larger based on the leaked photos. That engine would then filter down to the Mazda3/CX30.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Any update to Mazda3 would also be applied to the CX-30 so there is certainly enough demand for an update. Also, with the introduction of the new FWD CX-5 this fall there is the chance that Mazda will update the 2.5l engine especially since it would seem to be slightly larger based on the leaked photos. That engine would then filter down to the Mazda3/CX30.
It would be nice if they would light a fire under the Turbo. The latest Hyundai 2.5 T puts out 50 more horses and gets far better fuel economy. Its obvious that 6 years is too long to go without improvement in both na 2.5 and Turbo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 2014 Soul Red Mazda 3 (new) with a manual transmission, California car, it now has 100K/miles, I'm wondering if it's resale value has increased since manual cars are about extinct these days in the U.S.??

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT hatch
148 Posts
I bought a 2014 Soul Red Mazda 3 (new) with a manual transmission, California car, it now has 100K/miles, I'm wondering if it's resale value has increased since manual cars are about extinct these days in the U.S.??
The market of people that can even drive a stick is so small these days. I'd check Vroom and Carvana - both make it super easy to get a quick quote on the price for your car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts