2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen it as an issue already. I isolated the wind down to the seal on the rear quarter glass where it meets the window itself. Dealer acknowledged it and said "the other 3 HB in our lot is doing the same thing"

Has anyone gotten this fixed? And what was the fix?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same issue on my new hatchback. Went to the dealership last week, they think the issue's from bad trim piece at the trailing edge of the window and ordered new trim pieces for my passenger-side rear door. I'm going to the dealership in a couple of hours to get them replaced. Will update after I get back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update - Just picked up the car from the dealership. Wind noise is GONE! I used to notice it when I get to around 50 mph, now it's silent. I just hope it won't return later as the parts age.

Tech replaced two parts:
BDMT-50-660E, MOULD(R),R
BDMT-72-651G, WEATHERSTR

My issue was from the passenger side. The part numbers are probably different if you have it on the driver's side. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anyone curious. Late follow up - those 2 part numbers fixed it 100% in my car.

Glass guy had to be called. Dealership will replace free of charge on factory warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts