2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tires and wheels have 600 miles on them. Bought the car brand new with 3 miles on it.

These are the stock wheels and tires from the 2021 mazda 3 2.5 turbo hatchback. They are 18x7 +45 in a gloss black finish. Tires are Bridgestone Turanza 215/45/18. I think they look real good and ride very well. I am swapping to a custom setup.

Make me an offer. I’m in Dallas Texas and will ship. (800 obo).

214-794-2657

-JE

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tires and wheels have 600 miles on them. Bought the car brand new with 3 miles on it.

These are the stock wheels and tires from the 2021 mazda 3 2.5 turbo hatchback. They are 18x7 +45 in a gloss black finish. Tires are Bridgestone Turanza 215/45/18. I think they look real good and ride very well. I am swapping to a custom setup.

Make me an offer. I’m in Dallas Texas and will ship. (800 obo).

214-794-2657

-JE
What wheels did you choose. I'm very interested.

Pic maybe?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What wheels did you choose. I'm very interested.

Pic maybe?
Hey thanks for replying. I have narrowed it down to the final 3 choices. They are:

1. Velox Nirvana. (17x7 / 18x8) (215/55/17 - 235/45/18)
2. Konig Rennform (17x8 / 18x8) (235/50/17 - 235/45/18)
3. Konig Freeform (17x8 / 18x8.5) (235/50/17 - 235/45/18)

I know I am doing Michelin PS4 All Seasons for the tires. I also know all the math check outs and is good at this point.

It is just stylistically trying to figure out what will look the best. I think the Nirvana and Rennform fit the car the most because they are classy, sophisticated, and refined.

The Freeform is more sporty but always been a favorite wheel of mine. My last car I went through 3 pairs of wheels before I was completely happy and felt it matched the car. I’d rather not waste money again!

-JE

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT hatch
179 Posts
Hey thanks for replying. I have narrowed it down to the final 3 choices. They are:

1. Velox Nirvana. (17x7 / 18x8) (215/55/17 - 235/45/18)
2. Konig Rennform (17x8 / 18x8) (235/50/17 - 235/45/18)
3. Konig Freeform (17x8 / 18x8.5) (235/50/17 - 235/45/18)

I know I am doing Michelin PS4 All Seasons for the tires. I also know all the math check outs and is good at this point.

It is just stylistically trying to figure out what will look the best. I think the Nirvana and Rennform fit the car the most because they are classy, sophisticated, and refined.

The Freeform is more sporty but always been a favorite wheel of mine. My last car I went through 3 pairs of wheels before I was completely happy and felt it matched the car. I’d rather not waste money again!

-JE
Will the 235/45R18 fit? I put 225/45R18 and they fit perfectly, throw off the speedo very little, and the extra sidewall (just a smidge but a smidge nonetheless) has improved ride quality on the Pirelli P7 Cinturaro Plus II tires I purchased.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will the 235/45R18 fit? I put 225/45R18 and they fit perfectly, throw off the speedo very little, and the extra sidewall (just a smidge but a smidge nonetheless) has improved ride quality on the Pirelli P7 Cinturaro Plus II tires I purchased.
I see no reason they won’t unless I’m missing something.
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram
Product Font Line Material property Rectangle

Glad to hear you are happy with your new tires. It’s always comfort or performance right?!

I’ve never owned a Mazda and really happy with the car. I came from a manual veloster N and the ride was brutal. However - the cornering and grip was insane.

I’m thinking the PS4 A/S will be quite a bit sportier than OE Bridgestone. For a daily though - i like those turanzas.

I don’t think any tire I go with will make the Mazda as bad as the veloster!

-JE

·
Registered
M3TH (Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback 2021) Polymetal Grey PP
233 Posts
The 225/45/18 I believe shouldn't throw of your speedo. I used the compatibility calculator before and it showed no potential problems with the speedo reading

·
Registered
969 Posts
I went with 235/40/18s (on 8" rims) since that seemed to closely match factory diameter and weight. No issues and couldn't be happier so far.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Factory weight was only 20.1 pounds for the Turanzas, and these Conti DWS 06+s I think are 22, though there does seem to be some discrepency between what's listed on Tire Rack and other places like Amazon, Ebay, and here:

If that's right (hopefully), then I would have gained 2 pound per tire and lost 7 per wheel with the Flow Ones, netting a 5 pound loss per corner.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with 235/40/18s (on 8" rims) since that seemed to closely match factory diameter and weight. No issues and couldn't be happier so far.

View attachment 283961

Factory weight was only 20.1 pounds for the Turanzas, and these Conti DWS 06+s I think are 22, though there does seem to be some discrepency between what's listed on Tire Rack and other places like Amazon, Ebay, and here:

If that's right (hopefully), then I would have gained 2 pound per tire and lost 7 per wheel with the Flow Ones, netting a 5 pound loss per corner.
That’s a great tire for an all season. Continental knocked it out of the park.

-JE

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love my Rennform's on my 3rd gen! Big weight savings from OEM and they look great imo. I think they'd look just as good on your 4th gen as well.
Thank you for chiming in! Yea they seem to be a very classy and elegant wheel. I think they’d look great as well! Do you have any pics you could share?

-JE

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member, newer owner of 2021 3 awd turbo in blk as well, I'm looking for wheels and tires too, but I have the ones you are selling, keeping my summer tires on them, but looking for winter. Seems like 225 45/18 is a simple substitute, as the stock size has limited options. Looking for silver to give it a different, more classic look in winter. Any tire or wheel advice/guidance? Thx! W

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New member, newer owner of 2021 3 awd turbo in blk as well, I'm looking for wheels and tires too, but I have the ones you are selling, keeping my summer tires on them, but looking for winter. Seems like 225 45/18 is a simple substitute, as the stock size has limited options. Looking for silver to give it a different, more classic look in winter. Any tire or wheel advice/guidance? Thx! W
Welcome!!! Good luck! The black is sleek. Bet you are loving it. For winter setup stick with 7 in width and a tall sidewall for the best traction.

-JE

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,666 Posts
Enkei PF05 18x8 et 45 225/45 Michelin PS4s
CK

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome!!! Good luck! The black is sleek. Bet you are loving it. For winter setup stick with 7 in width and a tall sidewall for the best traction.

-JE
Thx!
Sorry for the classified sale hijack, this thread has some of best info on sizing. Yes, seems most non oem wheels are 18x8, and 225-45r18. No trouble putting the 8in with the 1 size larger on this car? Seem this size is same width, just 1/2 in taller.
Thx
w

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thx!
Sorry for the classified sale hijack, this thread has some of best info on sizing. Yes, seems most non oem wheels are 18x8, and 225-45r18. No trouble putting the 8in with the 1 size larger on this car? Seem this size is same width, just 1/2 in taller.
Thx
w
No problem at all. Not sure what you mean exactly. The offset is incredibly important. An 8kn wheel still needs a proper offset. There is enough room in the wheel gap and arch gap to run bigger tires.

-JE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thx, the rims I'm seeing are 18 x 8 with 45mm offset, which is same offset as oem, but 1in wider. the 225-45 r 18s are same width, just .5in taller, so seems OK.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts