2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 HB AWD about a week ago, and while the uncovered cupholders didn't bother me at first... I now can't stop looking at it... can't unsee. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and order the parts for a cupholder swap. BUT first I thought I would check....

Does AWD mean you can't have the covered cupholders (shaft in the way)? I'm pretty sure I've seen them in reviews on AWD HB's. It looks like a bit under $200 for the parts, so it's not terrible, and I'll probably do the wireless charging mod that "daniellee003" wrote up while I'm doing it, then get a wireless carplay adapter.

I have 11 & 14 in the image below, and want to replace them with 12 & 15 so I can have fancy cup holders and to make the interior look better.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 2019 Mazda 3 AWD hatchback and with cup holders cover. Mazda just went with cheaper option and remove them from 2020 and 2021 in US. I love the cup holders cover. I always hide my stuff under it if I do not have any drink.

Reactions: Gibeon

·
Registered
262 Posts
Make sure you will use it before going through the effort.

I have wanted a cup holder cover for 20 years. Now that I have it in my 2019 AWD sedan, I never close it. I typically have a coffee cup in one and a cell phone holder in the other.

Plus, where they are located in the Mazda3, you can barely see them in a black interior car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure you will use it before going through the effort.

I have wanted a cup holder cover for 20 years. Now that I have it in my 2019 AWD sedan, I never close it. I typically have a coffee cup in one and a cell phone holder in the other.

Plus, where they are located in the Mazda3, you can barely see them in a black interior car.
I'm probably going to be 50/50 for the first year on use. This is my first New new car in about 20 years, so I'm trying to limit food and beverages anyway. Also, now that it has been seen, it's one of those things I can't unsee. I want smooth glossy pita piano black as much as possible (though i might vinyl wrap it all when I'm taking it apart anyway - already have the wrap, so why not?).

·
Registered
542 Posts
So funny how each country has small config differences. My 2020 AWD has a cover for the cup holders. I also have a heated steering wheel which I found out not all countries have.

Reactions: jetydosa

·
Registered
46 Posts
So funny how each country has small config differences. My 2020 AWD has a cover for the cup holders. I also have a heated steering wheel which I found out not all countries have.
Pretty cheesed we don't get power folding mirrors

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pretty cheesed we don't get power folding mirrors
People have power folding mirrors?!

I do like how the side mirrors tilt downwards though when reverse is selected.

Reactions: DPAcpa
1 - 10 of 10 Posts