2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My 2019 Mazda 3 Hatch Back have a metal impact noise.
When the vehicle is reversing and braking to vehicle stop.
It will appear metal impact noise from the vehicle front both side(But not every time).

I have already gone to the dealer and told them my car has this issue.
But they after checked my car chassis.
They tell me they're can not recopy this issue.
And only tighten all the suspension screws again.

So, this issue no close now. It's continue(Still not every time)...

What can I do? Let dealer check again?
Any other suggestions?

Thank.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would try to record the sound and play it back to the dealer. Ask the dealer to keep the car and drive it repeatedly until they can verify it. Try to identify more closely what causes the noise so the dealer can duplicate it. You can also open a case with Mazda and get them involved with the problem and solution. Maybe another dealer would be more helpful?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had experience with something similar that you explained, sound is there at moment car stops, and only when I drive/stopping reverse.

Dealer told me that they could reproduced it and that is normal, same sound on other demo cars they have.

Sometimes it happens sometimes doesn't, for me it seems/sounds like braking pads moving a little bit..

If it will become louder and more often, then I will go to dealer for check/repair.

BR

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try another dealer and if that does not work then sometimes you have to pay an independent mechanic to identify the problem. Having a new car with a warranty does not mean they can/will always fix it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would try to record the sound and play it back to the dealer. Ask the dealer to keep the car and drive it repeatedly until they can verify it. Try to identify more closely what causes the noise so the dealer can duplicate it. You can also open a case with Mazda and get them involved with the problem and solution. Maybe another dealer would be more helpful?
Record the sound.
It's good idea. I'll be try.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys my brand new 2020 Mazda 3 did the same when reversing there is a cluck noise on the front wheels, when i drove over a bump it wil cluck, i took it in today and they found that the left side shaft was slightly loose(very concerning seeing i never hit anything with the car) i also noticed that the left wheel was eating the side wall on the tire the wheel alignment went off badly. They also bled the clutch and did a software update. I love mazda but this is tiring

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yesterday I've noticed similar metalic sound while braking in reverse, but today it's gone.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've only noticed it after a wash and sometimes in the morning.
My guess is moisture but it goes away shortly after driving a bit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts