2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i just did this install, not too bad, first i decided to tap into the rear door speakers to a LOC2SL, found out that the rear speakers dont handle any bass... so i had to tap into the built in Sub, located under the diver kickpanel, there is two wires going to it, one Blue and One Red. i found out that you could only tap into the Red one, the blue one didnt provide any signal for RCA, for the 12v power i ran a 0 gauge from the battery to the amp, but for the remote 12v i found that under the passenger seat there is a remote 12v there that turns on and off with the car. it was a yellow wire.

it works good. also i have a 2019 Mazda 3 sport premium package.

if you want i can provide pictures.
can you provide some pictures? I am wanting to add a sub and amp to my 2019 mazda 3 with bose audio.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred
2 Posts
so most likely you will need to run the same wires i did. power wire straight from battery, remote 12v (grabbed mine from under passenger seat(see pic). and also the RCA cables, i tapped into the excisting sub (Pic included)

now i still have to tidy mine up with plastic conduit to make it look cleaner.

(This is the pic for the remote 12V under the Passenger Seat, to pull the clip off you pull the white tab out towards you and then there is a push button thing you push and hold in and pull out the connector)
View attachment 280571

(This is where i tapped into the sub that came in the car, there is two wires there one blue and one red, tap into the red one. there isnt much room to work there because of the location.)
View attachment 280572
Couldn't he use the speaker input on the sub and skip the 12v remote?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i just did this install, not too bad, first i decided to tap into the rear door speakers to a LOC2SL, found out that the rear speakers dont handle any bass... so i had to tap into the built in Sub, located under the diver kickpanel, there is two wires going to it, one Blue and One Red. i found out that you could only tap into the Red one, the blue one didnt provide any signal for RCA, for the 12v power i ran a 0 gauge from the battery to the amp, but for the remote 12v i found that under the passenger seat there is a remote 12v there that turns on and off with the car. it was a yellow wire.

it works good. also i have a 2019 Mazda 3 sport premium package.

if you want i can provide pictures.

Just looking to see if you still have the pic

I've been looking for a while and you are the man

41 - 44 of 44 Posts